All reviews close to train station excellent hotel stay there again recommend this hotel wifi accommodation
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Great hotel, excellent value for the price. 5-10 minutes walk from the central station. Staff is polite&professional. If i had to find one fault, wifi was timing out every so often&you have to log in again. That is the only bad thing-which is hardly a problem. I would stay there again& would recommend it to anyone.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2017

Hotel San Giorgio is conveniently situated to the station but rather noisy as it is sandwiched between two main roads. You cannot open the windows at night because of the traffic noise.

The room was a good size and clean and the ensuite bathroom was nice.

However the bed (advertised as kingsize was in fact two single mattresses butted together). I found the mattress very uncomfortable and it gave me back ache so consequently I had poor sleep. When I mentioned this to the staff they were unsympathetic and did nothing to rectify the situation.

The breakfast was rather poor with little choice. Only a continental breakfast was on offer and there was no fresh fruit or fresh fruit juice on offer. The only fruit was tinned fruit cocktail in syrup, and the milk was UHT.

I paid 70 euros a night as a single person plus taxes which amounted to 218 euros for three nights which is not exactly cheap. I did not think it was value for money.

I was with a group of single walkers staying at various places in Bergamo all considerably cheaper than what I paid at Hotel San Giorgio. Their accommodation ranged from 35-60 euros a night for a double room and they were all given far superior breakfasts that even included omelettes, bacon, fresh fruit and fresh fruit juice.

I would not recommend this hotel

Room tip: Avoid the double room advertised with a kingsized bed if you want a good nights sleep.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank jennifer2017601
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Loved this hotel. Fantastic staff, so pleasant and helpful. Location is perfect, less than 10mins walk from the train station. Our room was large with a comfortable bed, a little wear and tear round the edges but this just adds to the charm, the hotel used to be a monastery which makes it all the more interesting. Breakfast on the rooftop was a lovely start to the day. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, superb value for money.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Wishfultraveller23
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

San Giorgio was a nice, clean hotel. It offered a room at very short notice. I booked at 9pm that night. It's central and within easy access to the train station. The staff had little English but were very helpful. They called me a taxi to San Pellegrino and arranged a good price. They were quick to refund my money when they received it from Trip Advisor. The breakfast on the third floor was really nice.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Sheila J
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

This hotel has gotten a fair share of reviews saying that it's "a trip back in time" if so I would say that it is, but not in the historical kind of way. It's an hotel in the need of some sprucing up. The rooms are small and the beds are kind of stiff, and the breakfast leaves you wanting some more. But the staff is great, they've been more than helpful during our stay, and gave us a lot of recommendations. It's about 5-10 minutes from the main street and about 25 minutes away from Città Alta.
I would say that if you don't need high class hotels this is a good one, as it's very cheap, fairly central and the staff is nice.

Date of stay: August 2016