“Best gelato ever”

Price range: US$2 - US$5
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Description: La Romana gelato parlour was born in the heart of the historic centre of Rimini in 1947, receiving the name of the founder's daughter. A few years later Vito Zucchi, progenitor of the family, took over the enterprise. Thanks to his fervent creativity and the use of a few ingredients then available, he created a wide range of high-quality flavours which are still made in our stores today. For this reason, we offer traditional flavours made exclusively with selected products, following old recipes of the past.
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

This is by far the best gelato I’ve ever had. The choice of flavours is huge and it’s absolutely delicious and creamy. The place gets very busy but it’s worth the wait

Reviewed 20 May 2018

We have had gelato in many Italian cities and Gelateria La Romana Bergamo is definately among the best. Lot's of different interesting flavors. We came here tree days in a row and loved it. Try crocante dela nona. Amazing!

Reviewed 25 April 2018

I always love this gelato place and I advise it to friends and tourists who visit Bergamo! I usually get the small cone with two flavours and the big one when i want to spoil myself. I suggest to try the "croccante della nonna"!! Check out my instagram @ theitalianguest for more!

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Very very good ice cream. This place is amazing and I recommend it for the all ice cream lovers. Enjoy it.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Discovered this gelateria today thanks to TripAdvisor reviews. Luckily no queues so straight in. Lovely and helpful staff helping to explain flavours and give tasters. How fabulous. Me and hubby both had a small cone with 2 flavours in - banana and crema dal 1947 which is vanilla and lemony. It was fantastic!!! Bellisimo!! So delicious we went back on way back to hotel later in day!! Hubby had banana again with frozen honey yogurt and I had caramel and pistachio. So wonderful. Unfortunately we leave Bergamo tomorrow so can’t go again but you must visit and try. They do a sheet with the flavours in English if you are struggling!! And you can always taste before buying. Loved it!!