“Top of the town”

Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
view from the terrace
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Deb C
Woodland Park, Colorado
“Top of the town”
Reviewed 12 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

I think I originally booked a different apartment (there are several under this company), but when I wrote to ask about "senior access" (my mom walks with a cane), I think they rebooked me here. No worries - we were very happy with the apartment. It's at the top of Manarola, so there is a steep climb from the train. However, the staff member who walked us up to the apartment offered to help with our bags. I think the only downer was the 3 flights of stairs to get to the bedroom floor (and 4 to the kitchen). However, the views from the kitchen terrace are FABULOUS.

The kitchen is fully equipped: full-size fridge, microwave, stove/oven, clothes washer. I don't think there was one cooking utensil we wanted to use that wasn't provided. Yes, you have to take out the trash, but it's around the other side of the church (about 25 yards).

The WiFi was not working for 2/3rds of the time we were there. But the staff checked on it twice a day. Look it as an opportunity to unplug and unwind - enjoy the simple life!

Finally, the kitchen terrace faces the church and bell tower. I'm sure there's a bell schedule but it's something only locals would know/understand. The bell ringing got to be comical. Our first night, the bells went crazy at 5:45. The next night it was 7:45. Our last night it was 5:45 again. We loved the bells and they do stop at night.

We loved our stay here but might try another apartment in this group, if we go to Manarola again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view from the kitchen terrace and watching the town wake-up and go to sleep.
Liked least: Stairs.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing