See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Filoxenia has great location just 100 m away from the sea and few hundred meters away from the main square and canal. So it's perfect place to be if you need just bed and breakfast.
Service was friendly and we could keep our room few hours longer without extra cost.
Breakfast included in the price and they had enough food and drink but no specialities.
We had family room and there was space for 4 persons. Beds weren't so good ones and air condition tried to work but didn't manage very well...

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2017

The location is excellent, the people are very friendly and the breakfast is ok. The interior of the rooms has an 80s, early 90s charme which maybe is not favoured by everybody, but i is much more charming than the general, exchangable and everywhere found contemporary architecture.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2017

I was here for two nights recently attending an event held in the hotel. We stayed at the request of the event organizer, but I would not repeat my stay. The room was...adequate, clean and not too noisy even though it overlooked the bus transit street outside. The furnishings were dated and basic. The shower was *tiny* (and I am a skinny person). No amenities. The breakfast was elemental, not good quality, but again, adequate. I don't think of myself as a particularly picky person, but this felt...like every lire was being stretched to cover expenses. The front desk person doubles as barkeep, but saying that in fairness the staff was helpful. I think you can do better in Trieste.

Room tip: Ask to be away from the street
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Wanted to be in the middle of Trieste without spending a fortune. Hotel staff very friendly. Rooms clean and functional. Not spectacular but what we paid for. Very good location and very nice breakfast. Would happily stay again.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2016

I stayed two nights in this hotel while I was on a trip. The accommodation was comfortable, but the room had a particular smell sometimes. However the food was delicious and the personnel was also available.

Date of stay: March 2016