“Typical cuisine of Trieste ”
Review of Osteria Bier Stube

Osteria Bier Stube
Ranked #14 of 936 Restaurants in Trieste
Price range: US$17 - US$28
Cuisines: Austrian, Italian, Slovenian, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

I loved every single bite of my dinner here! The pictures says it all... I've also had a piece of Sacher cake (not shown in the pictures) which was simply delicious. Dishes specialities range from typical Trieste to Italy to Austria to Tyrol, giving you a wide choice of flavours. Owner is very friendly and ready to explain down to the bone their dishes. I also loved the fact that their menu is written in Triest dialect first, then Italian, then English

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Lovely, small pub in Old Town Trieste. It is down a side street and may be hard to spot if it is dark. If you are coming from Old Town, the restaurant is about halfway down the street on your left. I posted a pic of their front door to help. The owner was very nice and patient with us in choosing our dinner and even took the time to show us pictures of the food on his smart phone. We loved this restaurant so much we ate there twice. On our first visit I had the Bohemian Dumplings and Pork. The owner said it was the most popular dish and I understand why, it was delicious. Their Jota, a local soup with sauerkraut, beans, and potatos, was the best we had in Trieste. My husband's Cevapi was very good and the very simple fried potatoes it was served with were addictive. On our second visit we had the Bohemian Dumplings with Gorgonzola Sauce and Walnuts - Loved it! I plan to try to make it at home. For dessert, we highly recommend their Sacher Torte. It was super moist and far far better than the original Sacher Torte served at the Sacher Hotel in Vienna. The Bier Stube is Terrific! A must dine place in the lovely city of Trieste!

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

good food and service was outstanding..would come back.
Not a large restaurant, would suggest reservations

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Service was awesome. Food was even better. They have a small selection of high quality beers and wines. Food was great comfort food!

Reviewed 1 October 2017

This is a very small restaurant in the centre of Trieste. We were lucky enough to get a booking as it was full all night. Lovely selection of beers and great advice from who I thought was the owner. The food choices are to me very Austrian and excellent and filling. We had a great night after ordering the pork 'special' for two people which was superb but no way could the two of us even make a dent in it! Highly recommend.

1  Thank Bobbelar