“Great Italian food and hospitality”

Ristorante Hotel Patriarchi
Ranked #12 of 30 Restaurants in Aquileia
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Finding such a good quality restaurant in a small town dominated by tourism is an unexpected delight. Came here as one of a 25 person tour party, so mass catering was another challenge. They provided four courses, each one as good as the others, finishing up with a surprisingly light Apple Strudel. There were copious supplies of very drinkable local wines. All of this served by friendly and efficient staff in a very pleasant dining room. This is good, honest Italian cuisine and the experience was a delight. If you come to Aquileia, this is the place to eat.

Reviewed 16 December 2016

My friend and I just ate a light supper here but found both the food and service delightful. I had an egg frittata and he had a pork dish. The decor is a bit old-fashioned and stuffy but OK. There is a nice bar that is a local hangout just outside the restaurant.

Reviewed 30 April 2015

we enjoyed our meal here, it's very good value and very good quality. A wide selection of local wines to choose from and good service in a congenial atmosphere

Reviewed 7 October 2014

I enjoyed my dinning experience, the food was good, my partner had the risotto, I had the set menu pork chops, it was good everything was reasonably priced. The house wine was a decent vintage and inexpensive. The only odd thing about the meal was they didn't want us sitting in the dinning room they moved us into the back into this huge dining hall. When we first arrived we were the only diners in this huge hall, it gradually filled up.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

The hotel's restaurant has a big menu of offerings and a kitchen that produced some of the best food I ate in Italy. Service is very good, and I appreciated some suggestions about local wines. Locals drop by for drinks and dinner, too. By 8:30 PM the restaurant was nearly full on a Friday evening.