All reviewsitalian citiesshower roompublic parkingpriced hotelthe air conditioningnight staymain attractionslarge bathroomfew minutes walkcity centresan vitalelibrarysitesarmchairsfurnishingsrenovationluggage
Reviewed 11 June 2018

This hotel has become one of our favourites! During a very special trip through parts of Italy, we stayed here and returned for a second weekend. It is a very special place! The staff go beyond to ensure a wonderful stay: from suggesting and booking restaurants to seeing to the quality in every detail. When our train was cancelled, the manager ensured an easy and comfortable return trip most efficiently! I/we appreciate the value in this hotel and its location. It is very close to the historic centre and yet just far enough away that rooms are very quiet. The breakfast is also something to look forward to. We will definitely return to this hotel that makes a special destination even more special!!

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 22 April 2018

It is in a reasonably quiet street (Ravenna lacks the intensity of traffic and horn-sounding that plagues many other Italian cities) and in easy walking distance of S Vitale and other UNESCO sites (Ravenna has 8, with the most spectacular mosaics some of which are 1500 years old and in superb condition). The quirks were in the bathroom - which was huge and on 2 levels but with a bath which had no obvious means of filling it. There was a good rainhead shower. The toilet cistern took about 45 minutes to fill. On a more serious note, I could find no fire escape or fire instructions in the room, which was heavily wood-panelled.
The reception staff were excellent, giving recommendations for restaurants (and booking them) and also details of local buses (one of the UNESCO sites is about 3 miles from the city centre), where to catch the bus and how to buy tickets (in cafes or tobacconists, not on the bus!).
Breakfast was a disappointment - is this an issue with Italian hotels? - but overall our stay was very comfortable and warm (Ravenna was freezing cold for much of our stay in March).
Note that the reception is not staffed full-time.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2017

The Santa Maria Foris is a lovely hotel in the center of beautiful Ravena. The location was perfect. The room was spacious and well decorated, quiet and elegant. The check in was very easy. The staff were very kind and gave us all the information we needed about the area. Absolutely LOVED it and hope to return soon! Thank you to the staff!!!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017

I wish we had booked more than four nights. The hotel is well designed and has a wonderful ambiance. The plaza is less than a five minute walk, and you can walk to every UNESCO heritage site easily. There are plenty of restaurants within a five minute walk. My only suggestion for improvement is to provide a better breakfast selection .

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2017

I was most disappointed with my last stay in Italy. I had notified the property that we would be late. There was a massive accident on the motorway so I communicated this message via email. When we arrived we called the number to let us in and the rude boy that worked in reception stated we could enter but it was a whole 10 minute push bike ride for him to come and this would incur a fee of 50 euros. This I thought was as if I was being held at random.
In addition the room we were given was under the stairs so noise was a prime headache as when I asked about my late fee the rude boy said not my problem. Basically pay the late fee or don't stay and this is your room.
I will of course be doing my best to leave bad reviews of this place across the internet so as to hit their wallet but appreciate if you honest folk don't stay at this place as they have an excuse to charge for any item to make money, Customer care is a big fat Zero

Room Tip: Do not go here if you want to be charged late fees and terrible customer service
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple