“Hungry? Love meat? Go here! ”

Macelleria Callegari
Ranked #2 of 441 Restaurants in Piacenza
Price range: US$1 - US$57
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A new Street Food place, in a very old Buchery. We open every day !! This is a young and smart place, but it is also basic and austere, so, please, don't expect to eat comfortably sitting at the table on a chair. On one side, here you can eat every kind of meat, but on the other side, you can eat ONLY meat and some sausages. The Butcher Family.
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Man o man o man if you're hungry and love meat, there's no alternative, you've got to get yourself down to the butchers! For me, I was on route on a 1250 mile run from Rome To London! The butcher took a liking to my story and told everyone in the place about my adventure. Shortly after the punters were looking after me which wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for the charm and charisma of the main man himself. As I say, hungry? Love meat? Go here! Simples.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank IamDanKeeley

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

I was visiting on a business trip and decided to try the Butchers shop for a change after reading the reviews - I am so glad I did! It's very informal and with a friendly relaxed atmosphere. I was greeted in Italian and then quickly dealt with by an English speaker who helpfully explained the menu options. I might have managed in Italian as you basically point at the fresh meat you are after and then it is cooked to your liking. I tried the fillet steak and sausage and both were cooked very well and extremely tasty. The bill was reasonable at 20 Euros including a small bottle of wine. Very social atmosphere with communal tables might not be to everyone's taste but I loved it.

Date of visit: November 2016
2  Thank kirstymQ2863BL
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

-Location: 2/5 (a minimal butcher's shop close to a high-traffic road, not too far from the city center, few places to sit)
-Menu: 4/5 (various kinds of good quality meat, from cold cuts to steaks, hamburgers and skewers)
-Service: 4/5 (staff very friendly and nice)
-Price quality: 2/5 (prices too high with respect to the location/service, aligned to the ones of a restaurant - but this is not a restaurant)

Small and minimal butcher's shop. The place is very informal (prepare to sit down wherever you can find space), very friendly staff. You pick your meat, it is cooked and served along with a bread. Portions are large. Definitely recommended for meat lovers

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

Great food @The butcher & great people & service! From 1-10 , I would rate it 10 for the pleasant taste!

Date of visit: June 2016
2  Thank Sui C
Reviewed 18 May 2016

Don't like it, love it!
l in still have that incredible fine aroma in my nose after days....
The meat is so fresh and bloody and from best quality. The place is very small but so cosy, so get ready to get in touch with your neighbour while savouring your plate.
Great peoples, great meat, great experience! Definitively not my last visit!
Grazie mille!