“Ustaria”

Price range: US$17 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Closed on Sunday.
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

La carrozza is a typical osteria of Piacenza, very well known between the locals. We came here to enjoy the traditional cuisine of the region of the world considered amongst the best. Complementary bread (a little old) and little appetizers were immediately brought to the table. We opted for a tagliatelle truffle to share and 2 mains after that. The tagliatelle were lovely, and big enough to be enjoyed as starter from both of us. Mains were the amazing piccola di cavallo , one of my favorite food, consisted in a minced horse meat slowly cooked with spices, and a beef tagliata, served with rocket salad. It was all good and portions were big enough. Desserts weren't great, but well presented.
Overall I enjoyed a good dinner, I'm not used to such a bill, coming from Thailand, but it was actually a fair price. The minus point comes at the table. We got sat behind the loudest table in the whole city. I understand we didn't book, but I was hoping to enjoy a great conversation with a friend in a quieter environment.
Service prompt and very kind.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Provided that's one of my to-go restaurants when I host foreign friends, food is rally good and prices are fair and affordable.
Real Piacenza home-made cuisine, including traditional not-so-common recipes, such as horse meat (both in its raw cold version as well as stewed), or bortellina, the simplest traditional minestrone (vegetable soup), even watermelon as it used to be eaten in the old days, in huge slices looking like a smile.
Unfortunately, restrooms are indecently tiny and dirty (especially at the beginning of service, at 8pm, not after a horde of barbarians!)

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

During my business trip I visited this exciting restaurant together with my colleagues. The place is amazing together with kitchen decorations all around the restaurant. To be honest we eat a lot of and drunk more but I will never forget the service and the guest focused care by all stuff. The foods were perfect and I'll turn back next time as well. Table reservation suggested.

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Asparagus risotto served out of a cheese wheel was amazing. Great taste. Nice old decor. Pisarei was very tasty too

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

I've been here 2 years ago with my Italian colleague who lives closed to Piacenza. There was a really good local food and warm ice cream. I liked so much and I want to go there again.

And today I've been here today alone. I was looking for the restaurant and I found finally but it was closed because it was too early. It was raining and I was under their umbrella and waiting for a time to go back to my hotel. Then old man came to open the restaurant. He said nothing and was so angry it seemed to me because I was seething closed the door but I said hello in Italian and asked when they will open today in English, he said just "ITALIAN!"
But there is a menu in English for tourists. It was not polite at all to talk to tourists!
I went out of there right away.
I'm really upset of it!
I won't go there anymore!