“Good but not the great”
Review of Trattoria Corrieri

Trattoria Corrieri
Reserve with
Trattoria Corrieri is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 721 Restaurants in Parma
Price range: US$29 - US$43
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: La Trattoria Couriers and 'one of the most' prestigious restaurants in Parma and province, famous for its typical parmesan cuisine. La Trattoria Couriers, mentioned by Gambero 2002 and is located in the center sRESTAURANT COURIERS, Via Conservatorio, 1 - Parma Type of cuisine: Typical Parmesan Our strengths: STARTERS: We recommend our selection of meats accompanied by fried cake; FIRST COURSES tortelli, Risotto alla Parmigiana, Cappelletti in broth; MAIN COURSES: Centre of veal stuffed baked eggplant Parmigiana, Spalla Cotta with puree of San Secondo; DESSERT: Cakes of the house, chocolate and pears, Sbrisolona, ​​Fresh fruit tart; CELLAR: wide selection of wines from local produce Lambrusco, Sangiovese and Malvasia of our Colli, in Wines of Various regions such as Chianti, Barolo, Nero d'Avola, Morellino di Scansano and many others. Spaces available: 2 Spacious rooms with a capacity of 80 people each and a room with a capacity of about 30 people. Opening days: every day even on SUNDAY, lunch and dinner Opening hours: 12.00/15.00 and 19.30/24.00
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Traditional Parma cuisine. Not amazing but still good value for price. Decor needs an update. Decent food.

Write a ReviewReviews (3 928)

12 - 16 of 3 929 reviews

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

I have eaten here many, many times over the years. Corrieri remains consistently a quintessential Parmigiano cuisine restaurant. They serve prosciutto and torta fritta through out the year. In summer there is a small open air patio.
This restaurant is found next to the University administration building in Central Parma.
If you have never seen prosciutto cut on the decorative meat slicers
, that in most places are just for show, here its an essential tool used frequently.
They are open late and can accommodate large groups. Local Lambrusco is featured.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided to stop in Parma on our last day of our Italy trip heading back to Milan. We read a travel blog about this great little restaurant called Trattoria Corriere and decided to stop in at 7 (restaurants typically reopen at 7-7:30 for dinner in Italy). We didn’t have a reservation, but there was a table available and we were the first table to arrive for dinner in that particular dining room. We didn’t get water and wine until about 30 minutes in, and the dining room was beginning to fill up with parties that reserved a seat. 8:00 rolls by and we finally get to put our order in: The fried dough to start, a soup, and the three ravioli dish. We figured maybe we had to wait a little longer because of not having a reservation, but it took almost 2 hours to get our first course and we had to remind another waiter around 9:30 that we were still awaiting the main course. I ordered the veal and my girlfriend had the meatball dish. Almost everything was outstanding; the veal was soft like butter, but the meatball dish looked more like two rare hamburgers atop some raw tomatoes. I’d like to think for as busy as the restaurant was, bad service isn’t the norm, but after 3 hours, our patience was running pretty thin as we were already exhausted and had an hour drive ahead of us still. My advice? Book reservations, or go during the week.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

I visited this restaurant a few years ago and I was looking forward to go back this month. It didn’t disappoint. I loved the torta fritta with prosciutto. I also had the tortelli di zucca (pumpkin ravioli) and they were perfect. When we went there was a big table for a graduation party. So I would recommend to call and reserve a table ahead of time. If there’s a nice weather, they have a little open court so you could eat al fresco. The place is full of old pictures and historical stuff. The only downside was the bathroom in the lower level and I didn’t check if there was an elevator. So if you need an handicap accessible restaurant this might not be for you. But the food was great! (Price wasn’t on the cheap side. But totally worth it)

Reviewed 15 April 2018

This place was recommended to us by local. It is very busy during the day - we were waiting in the queue but no longer than 10 minutes. It is bigger than it looks at first glance. We order 1 portion of each (prosciutto, parmegiano, coppa and torta fritta and portions were big and very tasty!