“Charming Little Bottega”

La Bottega Di Via Montegrappa 13
Ranked #197 of 2 054 Restaurants in Bologna
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

With fantastic, rustic dishes. My son and I stopped in for a late lunch; I had the carrot gnocchi with pesto sauce - my son started with the tagliatelle bolognese (what else in Bologna?!). He enjoyed it so much, he had the tortoloni with cream sauce for dessert!

This was a great little find - I’d happily eat there again!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

This is our second time in Bologna and our third time at La Bottega. I love this place and it's charm and the food and the owners. This this time Elisabetta was not there but her Son was and he is as charming as his Mother. The young lady that took care of us always had a smile and after navigating our way through the winter storm and cx flights it was like a peaceful welcoming. Thank you !

Reviewed 6 November 2017

I love this restaurant! It's very small with a limited menu but great food. Elisabetta was wonderful - so wonderful we went back for the breakfast of champions . That would be mortadella with a lovely glass of Brunello.

Max C, Sommelier at La Bottega Di Via Montegrappa 13, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Thank you very much for your kind words. We try to do everything with passion and we are so happy when we meet food enthusiasts like you.

And Brunello is waaaay better than coffee in the morning!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We stumbled on this tiny restaurant because it looked like a very pretty shop. When we saw that there were tables, and that they did meals, we went in. It was late for lunch and all the diners had gone but fortunately the cook was still there. A delightful young woman (I'm sorry we didn't get her name) talked us through what was available and made recommendations. We had three pasta dishes, one with fresh vegetables & the other two with local sausage. All were delicious. She recommended a very reasonable and pleasant local wine. We ended up staying ages, chatting and buying a couple of items from the shop. We returned two days later. It was busier and we were seated outside. We all ate the gnocchi recommended previously and it was wonderful. If I lived here, I'd be in here all the time! The food is fabulous and I highly recommend it.

Max C, Sommelier at La Bottega Di Via Montegrappa 13, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Thank you very much for your kind words, it was a true pleasure to have you with us!
We hope the rest of your journey was as pleasant as the moments you spent in Bologna.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

This was a thoroughly pleasurable experience with Max skilfully taking us through the menu options. The food was prepared with real care accompanying wines and soft drinks were spot-on and Max's grandmother's recipes definitely came to the fore. Highly recommended in this city of great eating.

Hello!
Thank you very much for your kind words! My grandmother's eggplants are here waiting for your return in this land of eating!