Reviews (1 667)
1 667 results
All reviews imperial suite michelin star restaurant train station terrace bar turn down service welcome drink beautiful hotel the ground floor tortellini deluxe room via indipendenza mini bar piazza maggiore the main street small room hotel staff excellent breakfast
4 - 9 of 1 667 reviews
Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights while on a business trip. The location couldn't be better with the central station 5 min walk away , city center around it and everything close by.

Quick check in with friendly and English speaking staff. Room was on the small side but with a huge bathroom. No wardrobe was a problem.

Bathroom had huge set of branded toiletries which was helpful.

The breakfast was very good and I was happy to see a live egg and waffle station.

I also had one dinner at the restaurant. Food was very good but like other Italian hotels an extremely small menu. If one were to stay there for a week the menu won't suffice.

Another thing which I liked was eng lish channels on the TV which is rare in Italy.

All in all good stay.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
IPorticiHotelBologna, Direttore at I Portici Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2018

Dera saikatBangalore,
thank you for staying with us at I Portici Hotel.

We are delighted that your overall experience of the hotel is a positive one and the service provided by our team contributed to an enjoyable stay.

We hope to welcome you back soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2018

This beautifully appointed hotel has preserved its stencilled ceilings and mouldings. The breakfast area boasts a stage, a grand piano and a large harp. The old balconies have, although tastefully modernised, been preserved. Have an apéritif on the leafy terrazza before dinner in the excellent restaurant. The rooms are spacious and light, and the staff are mostly gracious and friendly; the restaurant manager is a bit patronising, and assumed that we could not tell the difference between champagne and Prosecco. Not a show-stopper however, and I highly recommend I Portici.

1  Thank Gillian K
IPorticiHotelBologna, Direttore at I Portici Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Dear Gillian K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular had time to enjoy our restaurant, breakfast and dinner and had wonderful meals each day.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we very much hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 29 October 2018

Stayed here for two nights in while visiting Bologna for work.

The location is very good just a few minutes from the central station which is handy since they have an airport bus leaving to/from there every 11 minutes.

The room was clean and nicely decorated and had everything you could ask for. Plenty of outlets and the wifi speed was pretty decent.

My rooms location was not the best, however, placed next to a fire exit-type of door, which was pretty loud when opened/closed...which of course happend many times every night as guest came and went.
This would have been a bigger bother if this had been a romantic getaway-type of trip, it wasn't a big problem now, but something that could have been better – but stay away from room 321!

Breakfast was plentiful and good. Nice to be able to get freshly made omelets, that is always a plus! The staff seemed a little confused about what was included and not though, in the cafe part of the room there is also a table with ready-made croissants etc, and the first morning I was told I could take things from there as well, the second morning I was told off when approaching it. So I don't know.

Had dinner at the 1star restaurant one night as well (same room as breakfast is served), it was for the most part, excellent. See separate review.

All in all, I had a great stay and would not hesitate to stay here again, but I will be picky about what room I get.

Room tip: Ask for a room that is not close to the fire doors.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IPorticiHotelBologna, Direttore at I Portici Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear Stefan T,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a lovely review.

We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed I Portici Hotel, our room and our Michelin Starred Restaurant

We would like to assure you that your comments have been shared by the staff in order to guarantee the highest levels of service during the breakfast service.

We hope very much that we may have the chance to welcome you back again in the future.

Best Regards

Reviewed 23 October 2018

We stayed as three parties over a long weekend. We ended up with two parties changing rooms, one of them twice. The hotel looks fantastic but it is a strange place. We had the following issues:

1 the rooms are warm and we could not control the temperature in the room because once October comes the Air Con is switched off and temperature is controlled centrally.

2 two of us had rooms on the Ground floor. It is a special kind of hell looking out of your window to see Reception and the lobby music starts early too.

3 when I moved room I got a room on the third floor. This part of the hotel is reached using the staff elevator. I tried taking the stairs, which are for the Fire Escape. On coming down I hit a dead end on the first floor and was directed somewhere else. When I arrived at the ground floor the fire exit leads unbelievably to a bike shop on the ground floor. To exit the bike shop you have to take a different door BACK INTO the hotel. I am glad I never had to make this journey in a genuine emergency.

4. Breakfast is at best okay. The hot buffet is very disappointing.

5. My bed in the second room was elevated, meaning I needed to step on a box to get up to it. Probably fun if you are a kid but less fun if you are getting up in the night.

The staff are fantastic though. I get the impression that they are used to dealing with complaints and that is a tragedy.

Room tip: Do not take the rooms on the ground floor.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank AMcE1965
IPorticiHotelBologna, Direttore at I Portici Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Dear AMcE1965,

We would firstly like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at I Portici Hotel and for your kind comments for our staff.

At the same time, we are sincerely sorry and disappointed to learn that your recent visit was not up to your expectations.
The air conditioning system has been switched off due to a sharp drop in temperatures in the days before your arrival and it was not possible to restate it in summer mode

We also inform you that the Hotel does not have service elevators and we regret that using the emergency stairs you found yourself in the bike shop, connected internally to the Hotel, but independent.

All your comments have been taken on board in order to improve the quality of our standards.

We hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the future

Best regards

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

I didn't book with the hotel and probably a mistake. Instead of a pretty double room ,on either the 1st floor or on any floor for that matter, i was given a very small room on the ground level, with quite a small double bed and little light. No major problem as i was with my 11 yr old son and we aren't too fussy. The window looks out onto a few plants and into the reception. You can see out but no-one can see in. And it is dark in these ground floor rooms. If you can , ask for ones with light. One BIG negative was that room service was only from 19:30 and the menu isn't big on desserts nor drinks. No hot chocolate for example. Gggrrrrrrrrr. I called one night at 19:35 and I couldn't get through to the restaurant, so had to call the reception. A bit of a bother. My room service table was left in the hallway for 48 hours.... I also miss the hotel robes and free shampoos, here you have to pay for toiletries. Also the mini bar doesn't have chocolate.... we miss the chocolate! Breakfast was wonderful with efficient staff, and a lovely guy in the omlette/waffle corner. Quality food. Reception staff were amazing. Helped us a lot with reserving some great restaurants in Bologna and for taxis, which turned up in record time. On the whole, a wonderful hotel , excellent location and close to everything.

Trip type: Travelled with family
IPorticiHotelBologna, Direttore at I Portici Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear coconutugly,
thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We are glad that you enjoyed I Portici Hotel, our staff and in particular our Breakfast

We regret for all inconveniences and for failing in meeting your expectations to the fullest;
we would like to assure you that your comments have been shared by the management in order to guarantee the highest levels of service.

We hope to welcoming you back to I Portici Hotel Bologna very soon and we remain at your disposa for further informations.