“Do not ask staff to recommend anything.”
Review of Cafe Journal

Cafe Journal
Ranked #116 of 427 Restaurants in Pesaro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We went there for dinner as it was one of the only things open. We were clearly trying not to spend too much money on food but did order a bottle of wine. Because I don't know much about wines I asked the owner to recommend one. He did and opened it. It was 30 euro so, almost half the bill in the end. I feel it is obvious if people don't know about wine and just want a nice red, don't give them the most expensive one you have. It was a slow night so they wanted to rip us off!! We have asked for wine recommendations from bar staff all over Italy, so far this is the first one that has ripped us off and the worst wine we have drunk.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

At the end of the day,I made it finding a lovely place in Italy where I could eat an authentic Greak salad! Excellent drinks, with an exceptional service! Being positioned in perfect place through the Adriatic Sea, it's a place you do not want to miss after your walk!

Reviewed 15 May 2018

This restaurant a view of the Adriatic Ocean in a very quiet location. The staff is friendly and service is very quick. The Chef came out to see if I liked my meal. I had pasta with seafood. Clams, mussels, calamari and shrimp. The portion was perfect. The amount of seafood was fabulous. The meal was wonderful and very inexpensive. I highly recommend this place

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Went to Cafe Journal a couple of times during my last holidays and it was so worth it! Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the wine list, made me some great recommendations! Relaxing atmosphere, and most of all, fabulous coctails!

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Hygiene at its most, a rare thing for Italy. The owner apparently seems authoritarian, but immediately you feel like home. The wine is excellent. Highly Recommende.