“When in Rome... stop here :)”

Trattoria Dal Cordaro
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Trattoria Dal Cordaro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #969 of 13 796 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$23 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trastevere
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Great food and relaxed vibe :) All my friends, from abroad, enjoyed the amazing and tasty food; quality and quantity are definetely flawless!!!

David C, Proprietario at Trattoria Dal Cordaro, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Thank you for your review. See you next time in Rome.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a traditional and non turistc restaurant to taste the traditional roman food, this is the right place. They kindly set us a table at their internal garden that is kept very clean and neat. During this season it's perfect cause you get to enjoy your food while feeling the evening summer breeze.The staff was very kind, they didn't put any kind of pressure during our meal even though we were the last table they had to serve. Furthermore, our waiter knew well the kitchen as he passionately advised us on the food choice. Their selection of wine is very characteristic and well chosen. The food was so good that we forgot to take pictures. I recommend you their second courses! Trattoria Dal Cordaro is one of the few places still alive in Rome where you can actually eat traditional roman dishes. If you're not from Rome you should definitely try it

David C, Proprietario at Trattoria Dal Cordaro, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank you for your kind review Mary Rose and happy birthday even if with a little delay. we are very glad you had a so nice stay in our Trattoria and we are looking forward to see you again. You'll have a Prosecco in the house for sure. See you soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

The place is a very traditional restaurant. After the new owners restored the premise, the look is very clean, quite bright but still with the original look, thanks to the old Roman bricks wall which is part of the wall that connects the house to the ancient city gate: "Porta Portese". Inside the atmosphere is full of joy thanks to the very friendly staff, and the smell of the very tasty traditional food is only the first bit of the tasting experience that will follow, a very traditional cuisine prepared by the local chef. In fact the menu is a list of really traditional local food from Rome, which of course is one of the best in Italy. We started with the Carciofi alla Romana (artichokes), super-good! (see picture). Then we had some pasta. This is called Cacio e Pepe. I don't remember having a better one before (I used to live in Rome so I know how a Cacio e Pepe must be, believe me). Then I could taste both maialino con funghi porcini (pork with porcini mushrooms) and Baccalà alla Romana (Baccalà is Cod fish, in this case cooked in the traditional Roman way). Both were tasty and perfectly cooked. I have absolutely no complaints. Everything was accompanied by wine. We have chosen the wine made by the son of a very popular Italian actor, Gianmarco Tognazzi. I have to say the wine is good and especially is a perfect match with the food we have got. So what else? Dessert of course! Torta with cream and wild strawberries: delicious. I really recommend a visit, you will not be disappointed. Salute!

David C, Proprietario at Trattoria Dal Cordaro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Fantastic review.... what else? See you soon. Thanks

Reviewed 19 August 2017

A very charming place

Me and my wife had dinner at this place last week. The food was great and the staff were really friendly and helpful. I had some pasta and meat. My wife had some cooked mushrooms and a roman- type salad. All the food were of great quality.

The restaurant serves authentic roman food and most of the customers seemed to be Italians/local Romans.

I highly recommend you to visit this place- I know I will next time I am in Rome!

David C, Proprietario at Trattoria Dal Cordaro, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Thank you for your review. We are glad you had a pleasant stay in our autenthic roman restaurant. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2016

We had dinner here, after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor....and we're very happy we trusted them!

The menu was told by the waiter - no paper to be seen. It was short but sweet. We had:

pasta alla gricia (an amatriciana without the tomato): slightly on the fat side (the bacon, or guanciale, was a bit fatty) but excellent
pasta alla carbonara: the best yet
pasta con sugo di involtini: involtini are a meat dish that is made by wrapping slices of veal around prosciutto and cheese and cooking them in tomato sauce. This pasta is made by using the tomato sauce that is left over after cooking the involtini. It was great - a teeeeny bit watery, but great.

As a second we could have chosen a few different meat dishes but we opted for the "mixed greens" ("erbette miste") sauteed with garlic. Really, really good!

The wine was decent too, and the best arrived at the end: 8euros for each pasta plate! 21Euros per head, including melon and a pistachio dessert at the end (mediocre at best. Leave the desserts and go have an icecream while you walk around trastevere)

On the whole: great place!