“Excellent Meals and Service”
Review of RomAntica

RomAntica
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
RomAntica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 061 of 13 940 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$28 - US$68
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Esquilino
Description: RomAntica is 20 minutes on foot to Colosseum, 20 minutes to Termini station.
Reviewed 2 October 2018

I am so surprised that there are so many negative reviews for this restaurant. My husband and I found this by chance as it was not far from our hotel. We went into many other little places before choosing this one, they all had limited menu's and we wanted something light as it was later in the evening. We were seated right away at a little table with a street view. The restaurant is small and charming. We were given a nice little complimentary flute before ordering which was lovely. Our waitress was a beautiful young woman, who was very helpful in helping us decide on a light dish. She was efficient and our service was amazing. We settled on sharing an appetizer for 2 (meat based) . . . we thought we would have to order something to follow up but decided to wait until we received it. It was huge, we each received our own plate I only wish I took a picture. It was meats, cheeses, fruit, I know it doesn't sound like much but it was delicious and more than enough. Our beer and wine was perfect. We also ordered some focaccia which was light and equally delicious. We ended up going back on our last night. We coincidentally received the same table, same waitress who remembered up immediately and what we liked to drink. This time we decided to try the seafood appetizer for 2 . . . . it was perfect. We enjoyed dessert, and a Limoncello on the house . . . what could be wrong with this. Our waitress was helpful, patient, handled the entire section by herself . . . we just loved her.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

I ordered a pizza that was supposed to have olives, instead it came out with a boiled egg on top. Service was slow, they forgot to bring out our drinks but still charged us for them. My partners meal was a slither of steak with a dumping of mushrooms! Tasted awful. Not recommended!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

What a poor excuse for a "restaurant ". Had breakfast here as part of my hotel booking and the place is pathetic. Was given a voucher for a cup of tea or coffee and a pastry for breakfast from the hotel but most days they had either ran out of pastries or didn't have any tea bags. A dive, avoid at all costs!

Reviewed 2 July 2018

The restaurant was busy so perhaps we just had a bad experience on the night, but equally the other very good restaurant in the same road was closed!! Our waiter was unfriendly, unhelpful and inefficient. I ordered the chicken in orange sauce. The chicken, cut into pieces, was overcooked and rubbery. There was no orange sauce on the plate, although I did see two tiny slivers of orange peel. I also ordered a portion of chickory, but got tasteless spinach instead. My husband ordered lamb, which didn't look too bad but there were no potatoes with it even though were told these were included. He was still hungry so wanted to order a desert, but we waited so long for the waiter to appear that he went off the idea and bought an ice cream down the road instead. A basket of bread was automatically put on our table. We hadn't ordered it and did not eat any. However, when the bill eventually arrived (having gone to the bar to ask for it), we found that we had been charged 3 Euros for bread. OK not a huge amount it's true but smacks of a rip off.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Went to this place with my partner because of the 50% deal you got through the fork. The red shrimp pasta I had was okay, there are better places in Rome for this price.

Date of visit: July 2018

Been to RomAntica? Share your experiences!