“What an attitude ”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Campo Marzio
Description: Historical restaurant “Matricianella” since 1957, located in the fascinating labyrinth of small alleys between Piazza di Spagna and Via della Fontanella Borghese, between the imposing Palazzo and Piazza San Lorenzo, now turned into an outdoor lounge. Comfortable halls full of small tables with checkered tablecloths and a little terrace overlooking the street, everything according to the Roman tradition.
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Had the strangest experience ever. Resturant was recommended by an Italian friend as one of best Sicilian kitchens in town. The place was packed and you could hardly get a table. Was very lucky to sit next to 2 nice Italian ladies Vanna & Daniela they very kind and helpful. Had hard time ordering, they very slow, they forgot my starter and wine, even when I reminded them they still didn’t get. My pasta was delicious I finished it all but was completely put off my the attitude maybe a language issue. Price is good. But they need to improve on hospitality and service

1  Thank Alfred A
Write a ReviewReviews (2 400)

13 - 17 of 2 400 reviews

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by a friend that lives in Rome, just incredible!! Extremely nice waiters and good food! Would definitely recommend! It is a bit expensive (around 30pp for a primi, secundi and drinks). Would definitely make sure to make a reservation for outside as that made our experience even better! Filled with Italian families as well

Reviewed 11 July 2018

We happened upon this place one lunchtime wondering round Rome. The waiter was incredibly friendly and recommended some choices on the menu. The service was quick and we were well looked after. The food was really good and felt very authentic. we both opted for a pasta dish which were both well presented and flavourful, and although the prices were higher then other places in Rome we felt the quality matched! Would eat here again.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

I asked two local colleagues where to have a good local meal in Rome and they both directed me to Matricianella.

The food was the real Roman deal, not tourist trap food. The fried artichokes were crispy and delicious and the truffle pasta I had was great.

If you like wine ask for the wine list and get ready to spend a considerable amount of time reading it. I am not a big drinker but this is the biggest wine list book I have seen in many years.

Visit the place if you want to eat where locals do.

1  Thank Sito_Journey
Reviewed 5 July 2018

have been here for lunch and was extremely lucky to be seated without reservation. I felt even more blessed after eating their Rigatoni con la pajata (veal bowles). Amazing. Nice rustic ambience. Absolutely to recommend.