“Just okay”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Campo Marzio
Reviewed 25 July 2018

Was in Rome for 8 days in total,and this was my least favorite restaurant.
The setting is great,really old fashioned Italian place,staff also looks like they have been there for ages.
Food was just average,which really surprised us.Had better at places that looked like total tourist traps.
Staff seemed to prefer to deal with locals,just not friendly at all.

2  Thank tfj68
Write a ReviewReviews (1 268)

8 - 12 of 1 268 reviews

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

This is where my husband started his love affair with cacio e Pepe. It was delicious! The prices were reasonable and the service friendly. The apple pie at the end was amazing.

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

We have been in Italy 9 days now and the food has been excellent ( following trip advisor mainly ) but this one was a bit of a disappointment food wise..... The service was very good, but our family ( teens) found nothing to their liking on the menu and wasted over half of their plates of gnocchi. The spaghetti with clams also fell short. Overall, the price/ quality ratio was below of what we have experienced so far. But the waiter and all around service was awesome !

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

My son found this because it offered SWEETBREADS! Arrived at 7:30 pm on Tuesday. Good antipasta served as a buffet - very good asperagus and artichoke hearts! Son had the sweetbreads (some of the BEST we've ever had,) and I had the very good lamb chops. Had a VERY GOOD bottle of Italian red wine, which I had never heard of - 40 euro. Each had excellent desserts. Excellent service, with English menus. Was the BEST restaurant that we've found in Rome!

Reviewed 3 July 2018

La Campana is about as 'Roman' as you can get. A restaurant has operated at this location and under this same name for at least 500 years, and it fills every night ... mostly with Italians. Best to reserve, or get there early. The menu includes all the classic Roman dishes, including many that are "offaly" good. I recommend starting with the fried zucchini flowers, which are better here than anywhere else I know. The 'saltimbocca' is a bit disappointing, but the 'abbacchio' is excellent, especially if you like garlic. And the 'torta di mele' is my favourite dessert.