“Middle of the Action!”
other travellers have booked this property
The Master Bedroom The Bedroom - Living Room
Bathroom
Street
Entrance
Street
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Auburn, Alabama
“Long 11 day stay”
Reviewed 11 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

Everything in other reviews is true. We did not see Laura the whole time as well. The market below sets up around 4 am and you have to climb 55 uneven stone steps to get to the apartment. We did not cook anything as there are many restaurants around the market place. Every evening around 4 the market is torn down, big sweepers come and suck up the derbies of the day. The city is dirty that is why the apartment is as well. The bed in the main room is turned the wrong way. So if you sleep with your head by the headboard your feet will hang over the side so. if you are taller than 4'9 as I am 5 feet tall and had to sleep the other way. My husband slept in the bed with the table, both beds hard as a rock. We were able to drown the noise with the stand fan and by closing the shutters. All things on sink and tables are glued down so you can't move much to make room. The shower is so small if you are big it would be really hard to shower. Only 2 towels were given. The washing machine is on the back porch that stores all the cleaning things. This is one of those things that looks good in pictures, but in reality is not so good. I was thankful to get out safely as this place will kind of move when the neighbors slam their doors. Only had people above us for the last 2 nights and yes you can hear them tromping around. Again let me say 55 uneven stone stairs!!!!! We had a nice time seeing Rome and eating, I think a hotel would been a better choice for us. Also there are 2 glass large jars with salt the small one is the sugar.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The free Wi-Fi
Liked least: The beds and shower and 55 steep uneven stone steps
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
23 Apr 2015
Sorry Sandi but Ezio Bastianelli met you at check in and we are the owners. Ezio or me is the same. When we asked all the time if everythings was well for you at home... you answered : "ALL IS GOOD!" I have offered before your arrival if you wanted change your apartment with other one of mine at 1 floor BUT because you are very old but you answered me: " NO THANKS!". I suggest, for you live, to explain what you want and what you need. Thanks a lot. laura and ezio bastianelli
henry2209
Dallas, Texas
“Middle of the Action!”
Reviewed 19 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

Perfect for athletic and those that love to be on the go! The Apartment is beautiful and graceful, but remember you are right in the middle of one of the most popular piazza's in Rome. There is lots of shopping restaurants and you are centrally located for all of Rome's most historic spots. Remember there is no lift and this is a historic building so the steps can be steep.
if you want to be in the middle of the action when in Rome this is the spot!
The market starts early daily, and morphs as the day progresses. You can sit by the window and experience it all first hand. The building is solid and we heard very little from upstairs.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: The view
Liked least: steep stairs
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
994Carrie
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“The apartment is in a good area”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

Firstly the apartment is in a good area overlooking the lovely square, in the mornings you look out over the market and late on in the evening it's buzzing. The two beds were comfortable enough but the covers did have a few stains on which put me off a little if I'm honest. It's cramped for five but we spent very little time in! I was very unhappy with the bathroom it's very small and in my opinion wasn't very clean (but I have high standards), I did tell the owner that I felt it needed a better clean but she simply replied she had watched the cleaner clean, not much more I could do. Also towels desperately need replacing as torn. Perhaps for less people as as a base it's not too bad it's just not for me. Prior to arrival Laura was very helpful.

Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Gypsygirl...
Tampa, Florida
“The Home in Rome You Wish You Had”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed at Bastianelli home at #43 Campo de Fiore in Rome for 5 nights. I am a huge fan of Campo de Fiore, so for me any place is going to have an advantage if it is near the Campo. But Bastianelli home is not just near the Campo. It is not just ON the campo, it is IN the campo. You are a part of it from the time you take your luggage off the Bastianelli van, to the moment you open your windows and let is all pour in.

You can take a taxi from the airport, or you can arrange to have the Bastianelli van pick you up. I HIGHLY recommend the van. It is prompt, clean, professional and about the same cost as a taxi. Plus they have a much greater incentive to get you there safely, swiftly and as close to the apartment as possible. I watched taxi after taxi leave tourists off at random locations within the Campo and then the guests have to find their way to their accommodations. The Bastianelli team not only got us as close as possible they of course walked us directly to the apartment and helped us with the luggage.

The apartment is in the Campo, on the third floor directly above one of my favorite independent bookstores in all the world, Fahrenheit 451. You have to climb a few sets of stairs to get to the apartment ( 55 to be exact), but even my almost 70 year old mom began to appreciate its charm and health and fitness benefits. When you open the door you are greeted by bright natural light. The hallway is thoughtfully decorated with trunks and bookshelves and vintage photos of old Rome. The hallway opens up into the main bedroom – a vision of white, everything white, with two enormous French doors on either side of the far wall, overlooking the entire Campo. It is very wonderfully alive when the windows are open, but when closed is shuts out the majority of the noise. However, if you have chosen to stay at Campo de Fiore, then you know things are going to go on late and they are going to be very, beautifully alive. The main room has a large canopied bed, big enough for two people, a small couch, and a large dresser for clothing. The entire room is designed and carried out by the owners, Laura and Ezio Bastianelli, and Ezio’s award-winning art is on many of the walls in the apartment. Once you go through the first room there is a second room. Again, all white, beautifully decorated with a very thick mattress on the floor, covered with pillows. There is also a small dining table. The next room is a small kitchen, with a small refrigerator, sink, gas top range, all the dishes, glasses and utensils you need and room enough for two people at a time. After the kitchen there is a small bathroom with a door that opens onto a charming interior balcony with a washing machine for all our laundry (!!!) and a clothesline.

We had 4 people with us, all adults, no couples. Two of us slept in the large main bed, one on an added cot ( surprisingly comfortable), and one in the second bedroom on the very thick floor mattress with all of the wonderful pillows. There is a couch that could fit a small child, but I really believe that 4 people is the max for this room for 4 independent adults if two are willing to share the main bed. I could see where 5 could fit if there were two couples and a child or additional person.

The Bastianellis have thought of everything you might need, and have created lists of restaurants, attractions, pharmacies, banks and shops, and provide maps of the area. They have a list of optional excursions ( be sure to bring cash as they do not accept credit cards as of this writing, and we missed out on what seemed to be some amazing tours because I could not get my bank card to work at the many local ATM’s. ) They also have a cellular phone in the apartment with which you can call them at a moments notice, and carry with you in case of any “challenges” as you navigate Rome. When I could not figure out how to use the gas range, I sent a text to Laura to have her help me figure it out. When she tried to walk me through it to no avail, she offered to drop everything and come over immediately, since she knew we had spent the day at the Campo market buying things for a special dinner “at home.” It of course turned out to be completely my operator error, and I was so grateful for the quick and helpful response!

All in all it was an amazing visit, from the time we made the reservation to the time they dropped us off at the airport. Because of the location, because of the beautiful apartment, and especially because of all the care the Bastianellis put into making sure you have a beautiful, comfortable experience in the home you wish you had in Rome! We can not wait to stay there again the next time we are there!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The location
Liked least: Leaving
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Gypsygirl...
Tampa, Florida
“Lovely Introduction!”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

We will be staying at Bastianelli Home in June 2014 for 5 days. Because this apartment has no reviews yet, I wanted to say that so far we are very happy with what we have experienced - the owners have been excellent with communication, very prompt and professional but also friendly and accomodating. Also, they sent us a list of the many wonderful services they can offer for those staying at the apartment - everything from pre-arranged "friendly" airport driver service to make sure you get there, to special dinners in house, even to serenades under the lovely balcony! Campe de Fiori is my favorite square in all of Rome, and as we can see the apartment looks brand new and beautiful, and so needless to say we are very excited to arrive and experience Bastianelli Home a Campo de Fiori!

How easy was it to book the property? Service
Management Response
8 Apr 2014
Thanksssssss! You are welcomeee!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$177
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing