Barocco Hotel(Rome)
US$102
US$96
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$130/night.

US$298
US$246
Savings alert! 53% below average rates

The price you found is 53% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$523/night.

US$228
US$178
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$206/night.

US$322
US$216
Residenza Argentina(Rome)
US$580
US$202
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$226/night.

US$384
US$291
  • Pool
US$860
US$597
  • Restaurant
All reviewsaround the cornernear terminidecent hotelclean roomsreceptionmicrowavehostel
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

That was the worst experience I have ever had in hostels or hotels. I mean really bad. These people have NO RESPECT to guests.
I came at midnight and found a girl on my bed - I paid for the bed in the dorm, but all beds were busy. A receptionist told me they are really sorry and they will give me the single room to fix the situation. The man who showed me my new room told me 2 times how lucky I am. He took the towel and soap from the room, which is quite small and modest but anyway I was happy to spend this night along..
I put my staff, went to the toilet, undressed and began to take a shower when suddenly someone knocked my door. I answered that I am naked but he knocked stronger. I opened the door and there was a man who followed me here, he told me I should move again. I said I am already taking a shower and he answered - pack your staff and move.

So we again came on the street, again another door and a private room - but with 2 other girls inside.. Actually there was 1 double bed which is not enough for 3. We told that we won't take it and the man told us to come back to reception and speak. So I again took my heavy bag and came on the street, I told to receptionist that it is rude to give a room and then throw out the person who is taking a shower, but he said only - give me one minute I will fix the situation. Again then she took the key and led me to the another dorm room.. I was really angry now, that they give the dorm after giving the "gift" single! She asked what is my name and I said that I won'y talk to her as they don't respect me. And she began to shout quite loud at me telling she is tired because of us! It was already 12:30 p.m., and in the room there were a lot of sleeping people but she didn't worry and respect their privacy! She came back in some minutes being more polite and told me I SHOULD MOVE TO ANOTHER ROOM!
By one night they asked me to change the room 4 times!
Now that was the first dorm room that supposed to be mine from the beginning. But I was really sad now after all that. I spend 40 minutes for moving from room to room! I am sure they won't clean the bathroom in the single that I used. They gave me the bed eventually where I've seen before someone's staff, I can't be sure the linen is clean. And of course poor girls who were sleeping there had to wake up and hear all that showdown. My mood was really bad.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

10 minute walk from roma termini it is a family run small hotel which offers decent accommodation. Room was little old fashioned but clean and tidy. Hotel staff was helpful and tried their best to guide you through Rome. Their common room is beautifully decorated. They provide basic amenities like microwave, utensils, free wifi and computer.

If looking for a budget hotel for family or friends then it’s a good option to consider.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 February 2018

The staff was very helpful and the room was very clean. If you want to know any details about visiting places, just ask the staff at the reception and they will help. This small hotel made my stay in Rome brilliant and memorable. Would definitely stay here again

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

stayed in the women's dorm across the street and felt very safe. the bathrooms are clean and comfortable. there's only a fan against the heat but it's not too bad at night. large kitchen for basic meals, no gas.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2017

I called up to cancel my booking over 72 hours in advance and was assured I would not be charged numerous times... surprise surprise they charged me anyway. When I called to query this an incredibly rude woman told me I wouldn't be refunded and continually interrupted me and lied. Very frustrating!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Megan M
domenico50, Responsabile reception at Hotel Il Papavero, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Dear Mrs. Megan,

When you called our hotel you said you couldn't come anymore and asked if we would charge you. You were told that, being on time for the cancellation, when you canceled your reservation ON THE WEBSITE you used to make it, you wouldn't be charged by us and you were also told that you would only lose the deposit you left to HostelWorld (a couple euros, information I gave you just to be nice since it wasn't in my interest).
If you had made the reservation directly with us the phone call would have been enough but since you used the website it was your responsibility to cancel it there, that is not our hotel's job.
As far as we knew you could have changed your mind or anything so, since on the day of your supposed arrival the booking was shown as confirmed on the website HostelWorld.com, we proceeded as usual, charging only the first night (€15,30 to be precise) for late cancellation.
Shouting and using bad words on the phone as you did might not be the best way to confront a situation, as unpleasant as it could be, so that's why it wasn't possible to have a mature confrontation about it when you called the second time.
We are truly sorry for any kind of misunderstanding there could have been but this is the standard procedure and I can assure you we did not try to trick you.

Best Regards