All reviewsstayed in room numbergreat locationbusy streetthe cafe downstairswould definitely stay here againwalked everywherecroissantscampo di fiorirecommend staying herefirst flooraround the cornerbreakfast each morningmain roadmini barsafe areamajor attractionsancient rome
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Great location, in a busy street with cafes, shops, supermarket & pharmacy on the same street. Not a problem going to the café for breakfast as its so near, you just hand a voucher in. Lovely building and I liked the fact it was behind a huge sturdy door. We had room 4 which was huge with everything you would want. Bathroom was large with a Jacuzzi bath & shower over, (a negative would be its a bit awkward getting in & out and a grab handle on the wall would be a help) I also like that a safe & fridge is provided free of charge, normally they would be charged as an extra. I have read about a guy checking people in, we never saw him but there was a lovely lady there who advised is on a bus to take us to the Vatican to save our legs. Although the road is busy and noisy, when the doors are shut you cant hear it at all. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights in April, when we arrived we where greeted by a very warm and welcoming chap who gave us lots of information about the B&B and local area. The room was modern, spacious and very clean. There where coffee and tea making facilities in the room along with a mini bar that was very reasonably priced, each day the cleaner would put out complimentary fresh fruit which we thought was a lovely touch. The location was perfect, right in the middle of Rome with all attractions within close proximity and with a small supermarket and pharmacy across the road. The breakfast each morning was served in a cafe approx 50m away, you had a choice of coffees and pastries followed by scrambled eggs and bacon with toast - very tasty but if you're staying more than a few days it could become quite repetitive. The only negative I would have to give is the old heavy front door, we struggled to open it with the key on a couple occasions however I think they're upgrading to an electronic system soon. Would definitely return in the future.

Room Tip: Room 2 was great
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Rodolfo T, Proprietario at Best Pantheon B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dar Guest, thanks for your kind review!

Reviewed 13 April 2018

The location of this B&B cannot be beat. Easy to walk to any site in Rome, including the Vatican. Hotel was clean and the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. They accommodated my late night check-in, just let them know ahead of time and they will make sure someone is available. Wifi is good. We walked around late in the evening and the area felt safe. Breakfast provided at the cafe down the street was good. They were open at 7am and provided coffee, fresh orange juice, pastry, eggs, bacon and toast. Made it easy to grab something and start our day. We will definitely stay here should be be back in Rome.

Room Tip: Street facing rooms have cool balconies but lots of street noise
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2018

The room was small (expected), and very clean. You also can't beat the hotel's location. The breakfast that was included in the price was located at a nearby cafe that was about 15 seconds away - very convenient. However, when we checked into our room it was extremely stuffy so we decided to turn on the AC in the room - it didn't work. When the guy who checked us in came into our room (to give us back our passports for registration) he told us that the AC can't be turned on until the summer. I was initially annoyed by this because that was one of the reasons we decided to book with them in the first place. Their website should have stated that although the rooms have AC, they won't turn them on until the summer!

Anyway, that night we had to sleep with the patio doors open to let in the cool night breeze. It felt wonderful, but that was a mistake! Although we were in a great location, the street was extremely noisy. There were things going on all hours of the night:
....sirens.....cars....people......sirens......cars......people.......repeated over and over and over. Sleep was not easy to come by that first night. At some point during the morning I decided to close the doors, but soon stuffiness overcame the room and made sleep even harder to come by.

Next morning, we were greeted by our maid. When she came into our room she asked us if we wanted to turn on the AC. We were confused because we were initially told by the guy who checked us in that that was an impossibility until summer. However, we told her, "Yes, please turn on the AC". She grabbed a remote from somewhere, turned on our AC and Voila! We had a comfortable room and could FINALLY close that patio door! The ambiance of that room instantly became better! What I couldn't understand was why we were lied to in the first place?

I've got more....

Although our maid was nice and very helpful (she made our stay bearable with the A/C magician trick) she was a bit pushy. One morning after breakfast we made our way back to the hotel to refresh/regroup and to decide what sights we would see that day. Well, when we got to our door we were greeted by her coming out of our room. She had just started cleaning it (although we didn't ask her to or need cleaning at all) and told us (nicely) to "get out and explore Rome, don't stay in your room". Then she kindly stood there and waited patiently for us to leave so she could finish cleaning our room. I was flabbergasted to say the least LOL! I don't know if they are required to clean every day, but she did! It was a bit of an annoyance only because she wanted us out of the room completely as she cleaned! LOL As a paying guest I should be allowed to come and go into the room I am paying for WHEN I WANT TO! :-)

On another note, we had a very noisy guest one night who's conversation we heard completely through the walls next door to us....at 5 in the morning! Ironically, this hotel stressed quietness.The placard placed in the room states that everyone is to maintain a certain level of volume in the rooms - which I completely agree with and understand. I only wish my noisy neighbor respected this too.
Amusingly, the television they have in the room is permanently set to a whisper. I mean this sincerely. On a scale of 1 to 10 its set to about a 3. In order to hear anything, everyone in the room would have to be totally quiet - no laughing, no talking, no shower running, no toilet flushing, no sink going......nothing. lol

Anyway, I enjoyed myself in Rome. This was my honest, unbiased review.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank BerryK75
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

I booked 2 double rooms here for my and my sister. Both were really spacious for the city centre and very clean and modern. Rainfall shower to. Breakfast was in a nearby cafe and was nice. I really liked the Signora who checked us in and looked after the rooms. She was really friendly and gave us a really heartfelt welcome. I would recommend staying here and would definitely stay here again. It’s only 5-10 mins from great evening spots such as Campo di Fiori, Pantheon and Piazza Navona.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family