“So dissapointing!”

Ranked #170 of 828 Dessert in Rome
Neighbourhood: Campo Marzio
Neighbourhood: Campo Marzio
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ice cream wasn't good enough.

They mark they organic taste though if that is the taste I prefer to enjoy desert somewhere else. 3.5€ for 2 scoops.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

"Traditional" ice-creams are superb, and the "unconventional" ones are simply mind-blowing. Loved both Fatamorgana Corso at Via Laurina and Fatamorgana Centro Storico at Via dei Chiavari, 37. Excellent service, and benches to sit down if you want to enjoy your gelato right there.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

If flavour and fresh combinations are your thing, forget the showy gelaterias lining the Via Del Corso and head for this small artisan gelateria on a nearby side street.

Small and tucked away it might have easily been missed except for the notice placed at the junction with the main high street, but we're so glad we found it and it became our first choice stop for ice cream after our evening meal.

Favourite flavour for me has to be 'pineapple and ginger' which was a refreshing combination, and pear belle Helene (pear and chocolate). Others in our party were pleased to discover 'pink grapefruit and horseradish' and 'chocolate and tobacco', but if you don't fancy any of those you can still find classics such as tiramisu or lemon sorbet. They also do larger size take away pots for the freezer if you have the facility, so you can enjoy their ice cream after opening hours.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Love this place - I can't figure out why there is never a line. Many flavors, each one amazing. Cones are not made of cardboard like the other places seem to be. Price is far more reasonable than the others. My favorite flavors from the week: Basil walnut, pear helene with chocolate, creme caramel, chestnut honey lemon - arghhh - I can't remember the flavors! They were all great though. Went twice today as we are leaving tomorrow. tried several of the other popular places and they were nowhere near good enough to warrant the lines and price.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We (family of 5 adults) stopped here on the way to the spanish steps. I'd read about this place in my lonely planet guide book and am happy to report that their gelato is lovely!

It's a tiny shop and there is only one bench inside and a few chairs outside, but who needs chairs when scoffing gelato!

The gelato really tastes like the actual thing it is called - I had a scoop of papaya and a scoop of strawberry and it was spot on, like real fruit instead of a synthetic flavouring. My husband had both hazelnut and lemon curd - the latter was amazing!