“Traditional trattoria ”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Esquilino
Description: Typical Roman trattoria. Dehors
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Delicious traditional Italian dishes in a local trattoria setting. The decor is basic and at times the service was slow and a bit disorganised but I think that’s because it’s essentially being run by one guy.

The meatballs were lovely and I also had a cheesy pasta dish with strong black pepper.

I would definitely recommend this place if you’re looking for a more authentic Italian experience.

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Guy was really friendly. I walked in just before 10 which is pretty late and the guy got me a table no problem. Food was lovely. Tried to tip him €10 at the end and he wouldn’t let me. Told me to keep my money. Recommend this place, lovely!

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

The man who served us (possibly the owner) was extremely friendly and helpful, explained the menu to us and the specials board. Pasta is wonderful and very tasty, service was quick and efficient. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

Amazing food, best meat balls I've ever had! But everything we ate here was good. Pasta and dessert. We ate in a lot of really good places in Rome but this was our favourite.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 6 October 2018

We ate here twice during our weeklong stay. The owner was a lovely host (previous review said it was a couple from Great Britain? The man we saw both times was definitely Italian) and we enjoyed chatting with him after our meals. Carbonara, amatriciana, rabbit...all excellent and fresh. It is truly a hidden gem. If you are in the Esquilino/San Giovanni area, you will not regret stopping in.

Date of visit: July 2018