“Our home away from home in Rome”

Appia Antica Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 6 January 2017

My wife and I stayed at Appia Antica for our honeymoon and loved our stay. The apartments looked just as in the pictures but the warmth and hospitality of Maurizio, Luisa, Julia and Paolo is what made the trip special. Maurizio is a walking encyclopedia of places/restaurants/bars to visit in Rome and Italy in general! It's located about 10-15 mins drive away from the city center, which is exactly what we wanted to relax and enjoy Rome at our leisure. We have memories to last us a lifetime and will surely stay again for our next Rome trip!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandeepmadhur
Appia_Antica_Resort, Proprietario at Appia Antica Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Dear sandeepmadhur,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding our resort. It's really great to hear that you had such a nice time here, especially because your stay was during your honeymoon!

As you said, our location is not exactly in the city centre but close enough to get there in 10-15 minutes with the right transportation: this way, one can enjoy the city but relax, like you wanted, away from the chaos and the touristic area. We're happy to hear that this is what you wanted for your holiday.

Everyone here works hard to make sure every guest feels welcome and has everything he/she needs: this is our policy and we stand by it at any time. We are very glad that you enjoyed our hospitality and thank you for speaking so highly of me regarding my knowledge. As an experienced traveler, I try to use what I know of our city to help you be free of any stress and have only loads of fun!

We will be very happy to have you here again, so, please, come back soon to pay us another visit!

Thank you again for your review!

There are newer reviews for Appia Antica Resort

Reviewed 3 January 2017

Highlights- Julia, gardens, building, all the lovely rooms, location, Appian Way, Julia, quality of transfers arranged from and two airports (especially collection from the airport!) Orgasised massages.

Room Tip: Rooms were all beautifully appointed.
Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Gavin H

Dear Gavin H,

In just a few words you managed to make our day! :)

You see, this is not just a job to us, it's passion, so reviews like yours really make us happy! Julia is especially glad to hear that you were happy with her.

We would really love to have you and your lovely family here again for another, longer Roman holiday. We enjoyed your company very much and would be happy to see you again soon!

Thank you so very much for your review, we really appreciate it!

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

It is a great place to stay , simply excellent they made our stay in Rome great , very helpful staff even They will manage a guide , you can go to the city by taxi or bus . They will do everything they could to please you and always with a smile on there faces they are pros.
We will never forget our stay in Rome .
one of the best in the world .
Thanks for making our stay very enjoyable .
we will be back . Viva

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elias3333
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

On a whim, I decided to spend a few days in Rome by myself. I am an experienced traveller and I can tell you that I have rarely been left with such a good memory of a holiday establishment. I was welcomed by Maurizio, the owner, in a beautiful well-cared garden and then I was shown the apartment. It immediately felt like home, especially after Maurizio spent quite some time telling me a few fun facts about the house and the garden and explaining where everything was. His assistant Julia later took the time to sit with me and go over my plans for my stay and advise me on how making the most of the Eternal City! Moreover, she explained everything about the neighbouring Via Appia Antica, which was an astounding surprise, a time capsule that I was lucky to enjoy on a tour with Maurizio himself! This was even more than what I was looking for when I decided to treat myself to a trip to Rome! I was sad to go home! Will be back for sure!

Stayed: December 2016
1  Thank Francesca L

Dear Francesca L,

Thank you for your kind words regarding Appia Antica Resort.

It's a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay so much. Julia will be happy to hear that you appreciated the time you two spent together going over your holiday plans in Rome.

It was great to spend time with you, explaining the city and the Appia Antica in particular. You were so eager to learn about it: I could see how interested you were in your eyes! :)

You said you were sad to go home... we were all sad to see you leave! Please, come back another time as soon as you can!

Thank you again for your kindness. We wish you all the best

Reviewed 22 December 2016

Very nice place to stay, quiet, away from the center, pure Rome!!! It's very well connected to the center by bus, metro or taxi. Very good restaurants around. Maurizio restaurants list is the best, good value!!!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jordi A
Appia_Antica_Resort, Proprietario at Appia Antica Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2016

Dear Jordi A,

what a pleasure to receive a review from you!
It has been a pleasure to have you as our guests and mostly to read that you loved our suggestions concerning ...food!
We admit, we have a list with the best places where to go, starting from one minute waking distance away from us up to the historical centre... We particularly care about this aspect, since it could be easy to jump into a bad or touristic Restaurant, mostly downtown. And this is something we do not want to happen of course.

We do wait for you to come again!

Ave at