“I will be back”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Ottawa, Canada
“I will be back”
Reviewed 17 October 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

I wrote a short review while I was staying at la Casa in July and promised to write another when my stay was completed. I spent a lovely month in the Apartment and it was perfect for what I was looking for. The building is lovely and authentic - including the wonderful doors and courtyards. The rooms are quite large and comfortable. I loved sleeping with the windows open and listening to Testaccio come alive each morning - the horse-drawn buggies would clop by - I'm missing that sound. The neighbourhood is great with grocery storers close by and you are just across the bridge from Trastevere. I walked everywhere, but there are a lot of buses in the area so you can get anywhere in the city from the apartment. I even took the train from the Pyramide station to Ostiense - a 30 minute ride gets you to the beach for the day. Be sure to go to Trapizzino on Via Giovanni Branca, 88 - a two minute walk brings you to this small place that serves a variety of tasty dishes in these little triangular ciabatta like buns - the best! I cannot express how wonderful my stay was at Casa Testaccio. It was nice to be in an area away from the throngs of people but still close to everything. I will be going back and will not stay anywhere else in Rome again :)

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
18 Oct 2016
.....what to say ?.....
I am moved by your wonderful review.
Ti aspetto a Roma !!!! Ciao
db1290
Ottawa, Canada
“My home away from home”
Reviewed 15 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

I am currently staying here and if you are like me the reviews are really important in making your decision, and it's a bit scary to book online (especially when you are staying for a month!). I've been here almost a week now and I LOVE it. The apartment is exactly the way it looks (it's even a bit bigger than I thought it would be. Grocery store is really close, but the Testaccio market is really where you want to do some shopping. Nice area outside of the crowds but close to everything. Marco is really nice and Franco downstairs watches out for you. I will review again after my month and I will hopefully have some tips to add. But I wanted you all to know that this is a good choice. Ciao!

16 Jul 2016
Grazie milleeeeeeeee but next review will have to be in ITALIAN Ahahahah because I want to see how much you like language too. I joke grazie Darlene for your fantastic comment
icietnow
“Fantastic apartment!”
Reviewed 4 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016

We couldn't have been any happier when we arrived at our apartment to be greeted by Marco! He was incredibly helpful and spent a long time talking us through the facilities and the area. The bedrooms were enormous and the apartment was very well equipped. The WiFi was very good which pleased my ten year old ;-) The restaurant next door was excellent with great food and fantastic service, the Colosseum was only 15 mins walk away and the huge Sunday market across the river was only a 5 minute walk. Our favourite things about the area were the access to lots of bus routes, the short walk over the river to Travestere, the choice of eateries on the doorstep and the nice feeling of the open squares in Testaccio. The apartment was warm, quiet and well equipped and the whole experience of visiting Rome wasn't dampened by the rain we had! We did have some beautiful warm days too and would highly recommend staying at Casa Testaccio!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
15 Mar 2016
I just can say:
GRAZIE MILLE
Alfred S
Concord, California, United States
“Great Place”
Reviewed 31 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

Marco is a friendly and helpful landlord.
The apartment is ideally located, surrounded by bus lines, and the concierge can also call you a taxi. Testaccio is interesting enough by itself that you don't always have to go somewhere else anyway.
The building is lovely.
The bedrooms are large and airy, the kitchen is fine for 2. The bathrooms are fine; one shower is a little cramped, but workable.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location.
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
4 Nov 2014
Thank you very much Stan.
Bobbypu
Annandale
“Absolutely Marvelous”
Reviewed 24 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

My wife and I stayed at Casa Testaccio for 10 nights. The apartment was large, clean and located on the bank of the Tiber. Short walk or taxi ride (10 Euro ave) to almost any of the top 10 attractions for Roma. The owner, Marco. met us the first afternoon, helped us with the luggage and spent almost one hour describing attractions and restaurants in the area, features of the apartment and other information about the area.Marco was very responsive and fixed the two small questions with the equipment (washer and safe) that arose. For a small fee he provides a WI-Fi hot spot for in and out of the apartment. VERY USEFUL! Just keep it charged. He provided initial drinks and snacks in the refrig that were very welcome. Fully equipped kitchen. Room enough for 8 with large beds and the foldouts and the two full bathrooms. Only criticism is the lack of TV cable (there are 3 flat screens - receiving local channels) -other than that minor inconvenience we both had a marvelous time and hope to go back to this apartment to spend more time visiting and eating (and drinking) our way through Rome. The apartment is right by the bridge leading to Travestere and a there is a great and very friendly restaurant right next store.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
28 Oct 2014
Grazie mille Bob
yes come back again I'd be very happy to see you again.
Arrivederci
Marco
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing