“Not worth a single star - don’t let the location fool you”

Ristorante Bacco in Tevere
Ranked #10 672 of 13 756 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided to stop by this restaurant as the location was gorgeous - what a mistake. It was a good 15 minutes before menus were even brought to us. We ordered our drinks and waited. I was baffled to see ten minutes on that the bartender finally decided to reach across to the fridge and place our drinks on the tray to be taken to us. A bottle of water and a bottle of pineapple juice. No effort required. Drinks were finally brought and we ordered food. Bruschetta bread was drowned in far too much oil, and the pasta we had was chewy and overcooked. It was blatantly not fresh, and I barely ate any. The waitress barely apologised for me not enjoying the meal, and did not offer an alternative. Decided to get out of their and pay, and the man operating the card machine could not have been ruder. No eye contact, not a smile, and certainly not a thank you. At least ten staff on duty, which makes the wait we had for food and drinks all the more appalling. Would not recommend whatsoever.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Right on the water we couldn't resist.
The food was pretty good.
Very informal service.
WE had drinks.
I had the spagetti with meatballs and enjoyed them

Reviewed 27 August 2017

The setting right alongside the river Tiber is beautiful, there is a buzz along the water front which is pleasant with strands of music coming from the street musicians on the bridge. The staff were friendly & helpful with good English. The food was OK- but did not set the world alight. I had pasta which came after my family had started eating and I found the tomato sauce too rich and the dish 'lukewarm'. Having said that we enjoyed the experience for the rest of our holiday

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Decided on the location as very beautiful, with 15 family and friends was coaxed to eat there by one of the staff , however was a nightmare from start to finish, glasses broken and not cleaned up, was waiting 2 hours for food, half of the group got no food at all including my 6yr old niece, attitude of the staff were very rude and unhelpful and was then told it was because there was too many of us! Would not recommend very very disappointed

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Went there for dinner with 3 other people. We'd come across this sort of gastronomic pole on the banks of Tevere River earlier that evening and we just selected this restaurant because of its location and because it looked quite decent. However, a series of deficiencies really disappointed us:
1. There were at least 7/8 waiters, half of them were wandering around and after 15 minutes we had to ask one of them to take our order. She didn't speak English or Spanish and wouldn't make an effort to understand our improvised Italian, so she had to call another one.
2. They don't offer basic condiments such as Mayonnaise or Ketchup
3. No flexibility regarding meals. We asked for half a pizza to come without anchovies and they refused. We ordered a hamburger only to be told that it was not possible to make it with crust.
4. Limited availability. We ordered an appetizer consisting of ham, cheese and salami; they told us they could not take the order because they'd run out of ham.
Besides that, food is average at its best, there is no wifi (which for a foreign tourist is vital), prices are slightly above average, some tables are unstable and waiters act as if they were making you a favor. Would not go back or recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank JoaquinM375