“THE ABSOLUTE BEST”

Price range: US$2 - US$5
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: La Romana gelato shop was born in the heart of the historic centre of Rimini in 1947, receiving the name of the founder's daughter. A few years later Vito Zucchi, progenitor of the family, took over the enterprise. Thanks to his fervent creativity and the use of a few ingredients then available, he created a wide range of high-quality flavours which are still made in our stores today.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stumbled across this place on my last night in Rome and I am kicking myself for not having gone there sooner. I do not understand why this Gelateria is not the top choice in Rome.
The queue was long but moved along quickly.
The gelato was light and airy as it should be. I had hazelnut and biscotti I think. The menu was in Italian- another indicator that this place does gelato as it should! Topped with a dollop of homemade whipped cream. Every bite was amazing. And just when you're sad that you're at the end, you get the taste of that white chocolate at the bottom of the cone. Heaven.
Besides the gelato being to die for, the staff was very friendly and PATIENT which is important as I am an English speaker. The location was pristine clean. I was prepared to spend a lot more than I did and honestly would have paid double. Everything was perfect.

Write a ReviewReviews (5 206)

11 - 15 of 5 208 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

BEST gelato in Rome hands down; I have tried several popular gelato shops in touristy areas such as Trevi Fountain and the Colosseum, but nothing compares to this. You'll find very few tourists here, as locals frequent this shop. (Ask for the English menu)
The gelato is not too heavy, and you have the option of fresh cream (delicious - don't think twice about saying yes) and chocolate at the bottom of your cone. Anyways if you're a tourist looking for authentic, tasty, Italian gelato, you can't leave Rome without trying this place.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wow, just wow. We had a medium cone each. You get to choose 3 scoops of their delicious flavours plus the option of cream on top. We couldn't get enough of it and at a great price of 2.70 euro each. This place is a must visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is must visit place in Rome. We were staying an hour away from this place, but still we came here twice in five days. We simply loved this place!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

One of the best gelato I have had in Italy and I have had quite a lot! They have so many flavors that it’s so hard to choose, but you really can’t go wrong with any! My favorite was the gianduja with hazelnut from piedmont. I would go back to Rome just for that!

Been to Gelateria La Romana - Roma? Share your experiences!