“So worth the stop”

La Perla
Ranked #4 677 of 13 540 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

While in Rome we decided to go out on our last night and the restaurants were pretty full. This place was off the beaten path and they had outdoor dinning, as well as indoor. We chose to sit outside. Our wait staff was excellent. They spoke very little English but we did not have trouble communicating at all with them. Yes them, we had two gentlemen helping us. The food was delicious and you received more than enough. I found while in Italy that tipping is very different there than in the US. We tipped them well or what would be well for us in America and I think that it was probably more than they expected or usually receive. I did the traditional Roman tipping procedure and walked up to the wait staff and shook their hands and had my Euros in my palm. I when back to my table then and they started bring us shots of lemon liquor and desert and bowls of cherries. It was just a really great experience. I wish I would have found them before our last night as I would have gone back there for dinner.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

The service is great, very friendly, and the food and wine are good and reasonably priced. We ate dinner here three nights in a row as we enjoyed it so much.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

We loved this place. We were in Rome for three nights and ate here twice. It was so nice to see a family run business. We were even introduced to one of the owner's wives. The service was sporadic but the charm and fun atmosphere made up for any failings. The father has run this business for seventy years. He is 85 now and still working. All of our meals were excellent.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

I was in Rome for 5 days & I ate here at least 3 nights! Lol The food is tasty, the house wine is amazing & the owners are very friendly & attentive! Alessiö was our server, along with his dad & grandfather. They made us feel very welcomed. Everything from the prawns to the pasta is delizioso!

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

Food was lovely and staff were friendly however not particularly attentive it was difficult to get their attention. Not badly priced food but drinks were a bit pricey due to only serving share size bottles of water/ coke ect.

Been to La Perla? Share your experiences!