“A great place to end the day”
Review of Makasar Bistrot

Makasar Bistrot
Reserve with
Makasar Bistrot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #211 of 13 868 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Deli, Healthy
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vatican / Borgo
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

We’re staying near the Vatican, and after wandering around the Castle D’angelo and the justice district, decided to quench our thirst.
Up an alleyway, there was Makasar Bistro. It’s specialty is tea - dozens of varieties are available.
But we were after something a little stronger - and ordered prosecco and aeperol.
We de decided to stay for dinner. It was delicious. We had pasta with artichoke and melizanne lasagne. We even ordered desert - tiramisu and apple cake. And of course some red wine - Barron.

We couldn’t have enjoyed it more.
Massimo is an excellent host. It’s like he’s inviting you to join him in his lounge room.
We’re here a few more days, so we’ll be back.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend came here for food & drinks. I had the eggplant Parmesan & tiramisu which were both absolutely delicious. The atmosphere was lovely, so cozy and romantic music. Will definitely be back during our stay!

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

We had 2 wonderful dinners here and I’m sure if I were a local this would be my haunt! The food was excellent and the service was really nice. The atmosphere is cozy and classic at the same time. I’d recommend this place for couples and families alike!

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere is really cozy, the food is excellent, the service is first class. We had two amazing dinners here.

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

We stumbled upon this gem after leaving the Vatican Museums. We were looking for something off the beaten path and away from all the tourists, and we came to the perfect spot! The service was helpful and attentive. The bruschetta mini sampler was delicious and great for sharing! I had the caprese salad, which was very tasty — served in a mason jar which was fun and interesting. But my friends’ lasagna stole the show! Highly recommend this place!

Been to Makasar Bistrot? Share your experiences!