“Excellent location for a beautiful apartment in a...”
other travellers have booked this property
CS_ Ciancaleoni Suite view CS_ Entrance
CS_Bathroom view
CS_basin's detail
CS_bathroom's detail
CS_first floor view
CS_Bedroom overlooking the living room
CS_Bed's details
CS_ stairs
CS_Stairs to the terrace
CS_Stairs to the terrace
CS_Roof window
CS_Exclusive terrace
CS_Exclusive terrace
CS_Terrace by night
CS_ Details of the terrace's table
CS_Roof window
Santa Maria Maggiore Church
Rione view
The Forum
The Forum
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Denise_Ge...
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Excellent location for a beautiful apartment in a charming Italian street”
Reviewed 3 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

When my wife and I arrived at this apartment we knew we'd booked something special. The narrow cobbled street that led to the apartment was filled with window boxes, plants, bicycles and those iconic Italian Vespa scooters added an extra splash of colour to this charming little street which was only a 5-10 minute walk from the the Forum and the Colosseum. Cavour metro station was only 2-3 minutes from the apartment and clearly with the apartment being so conveniently located all the necessary ameneties were close to hand.
The open plan design was beautiful with a modern well equipped kitchen, gorgeous bathroom and in my view the winning features were a mezzanine floor with a large comfortable double bed which led through an electrically operated roof window to a large wooden decked roof garden with table and chairs. This was decorated with soft lighting and orange, lemon and mandarin trees. The roof garden was the perfect antidote to the tiring, but rewarding sightseeing trips that this beautiful city has to offer.
We did have two very minor issues when we stayed in the apartment however I have to say that the service we received from Marida and the beautiful Eleanori from Nostromondo, the letting agent was fast and efficient.
A suggestion we would make is that the seating in the lounge área could be bettered by having a larger and more comfortable seating área however this is only a very minor criticism. A final point to highlight is that my wife and I stayed in a hotel in central Rome last October and after our stay at the Ciancaleoni we'd have no hesitation booking again.

Value Location
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Cambridge

person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
travelthe...
California
“I almost hate to review this place because I'd like to keep it a secret”
Reviewed 26 December 2012 for a stay in December 2012

This is a great apartment. First off the location is excellent. You are dead center in the city and you can walk everywhere. This area is private and is an enclave unto itself. Via Urbana is one street away with great restaurants (try Tricolore). The apartment is very charming and I felt like I was in my home away from home. I cooked, cleaned, slept, as if it was my own place. It is very quiet which is a requirement for me. No dogs barking all night and cars passing by. This is rare in Italy!!! The rooftop is a great escape although it was raining and cold during my visit. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable and whomever decorated spared no expense. I can only ask if you read this review that you take care of this apartment for those of us that want to return. Treat it as it is your own home. The only flaw is that people get confused with 45 and 45 B and you'll have strangers on occasion either knock on your door or try to open your door. This was a bit uncomfortable for me in the middle of the night. Marida and Leonora were great as hosts and anything you need they are there to help. If you are a Lazio fan and not AS ROMA then you cannot stay here (not really :)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Comfort of apartment
Liked least: Strangers in the night knocking
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
MA
Reviewed 14 December 2012 for a stay in November 2012

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing