Reviews (1 608)
1 608 results
All reviews aventine hill circus maximus circo massimo residential area orange garden minute walk peace and quiet marble bathroom charming hotel busy city within walking distance the breakfast area central rome tourist sites triple room buffet breakfast booked this hotel
39 - 44 of 1 608 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights and it was excellent. The staff helped carry our bags to our room and show us where breakfast would be held each morning. We didn’t know much about the area and the reception staff were happy to help us found out way around the area by explaining where the best sites to visit were and they provided a small map of the local area which showed you were the local metro was located. It is possible to walk to the Trevi Fountain from the hotel if you don’t mind the walk or if you prefer there is a metro station 10 minutes walk from the hotel which will take you to the main train station where you can swap trains to reach the Vatican etc. We definitely enjoyed our stay and this hotel our room was fantastic and the breakfast provided each morning was lovely. We would definitely stay here again if we were to visit Rome in the future and would definitely recommend the hotel to others.

Stayed: June 2018
FamigliaPiroli, Direttore at Hotel Villa San Pio, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Guest,

thank you for your nice review on Tripadvisor and for having shared!

We are delighted that your stay at our hotel San Pio was good. All the staff is pleased to read your words about the quality of the service: everyday we try to do our best to satisfy the needs of our guests. we are absolutely proud to have friendly staff, always helpful with our customers! The hotel Villa San Pio located on the top of the Aventino hill, quiet and residential area, but not so far from the most attractive sights and well connected to the centre of the city.

We hope to have you back soon for another trip as a welcome guest in the Eternal City!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel 8 years ago and decided to return with our daugther. The hotel still delivers. The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated. The breakfast area is cosy and gives your day a relaxed start with plenty of tasteful choices. The hotel is located on the top of the Aventino, surrounded by wonderful villas and trees. A quiet and safe area from where you can either walk to the centre of the city or easily catch a bus from the bottom of the hill. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
FamigliaPiroli, Direttore at Hotel Villa San Pio, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your wonderful comment!
We are glad to know you appreciate after 8 years again our hotel Villa S. Pio.
We loved each time taking care of you and your family during your Roman holidays!!
Hope to see you for your next trip in the eternal city.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We booked five rooms at the Hotel Villa San Pio to celebrate our extended family's completion of the Way of St. Francis walking pilgrimage from Assisi to Rome. After two weeks of exertion, we wanted something luxurious to pamper ourselves, yet reasonable in price. The answer was to go outside of the costly tourist areas to this charming hotel on the lovely Aventine Hill.

I was concerned that the location might be a bit inconvenient. In fact, we rested well in the quiet neighborhood, and enjoyed exploring some of the less familiar areas of Rome, such as nearby Testaccio and Trastevere with their abundant restaurants. We walked to the hotel from the Vatican, and walked to all the usual sights such as the Forum and Piazza Navona. Please note we are avid walkers, this may not be comfortable for everyone. However the hotel can call a taxi to arrive within three minutes, so that is quite convenient.

My prior Rome stays when traveling with only my husband were at 5 star hotels such as the Hotel de Russie and the Villa Spalletti Trivelli. I have to say, the Hotel Villa San Pio compared favorably with these more highly celebrated establishments. It is beautifully decorated and well maintained, with a gracious staff. The landscaped walkways and courtyard areas between buildings are lovely. Patio seating is offered for relaxing and enjoying an appertivo, with the soft accompaniment of jazz playing in the background. The breakfast buffet offered abundant options with quick personalized coffee service.

I was really thrilled to be assigned a room with a huge balcony and a bath with jacuzzi tub. Grazie e bravo, Hotel Villa San Pio!

1  Thank Valleigh
FamigliaPiroli, Direttore at Hotel Villa San Pio, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

What a wonderful review!
It's a such a great emotion for all of us to learn that you consider our hotel S. Pio as a 5 stars hotel.
Thank you so much for your beautiful and touching words and for rewarding us with your praise and extremely generous comments!

We looking forward to the next visit in the eternal city!

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

First time in Italy and I was trying to find the best fit for my daughter and I and believe me it was tough never traveling to Italy before. I wrote several emails to staff before I booked asking all kinds of questions and they went above and beyond to help me, I upgraded to a king size bed and a room with a bathtub. I booked room and I sprung for the $50.00 euros to be picked up at the airport. The man was there with sign with my name on it took me to hotel ( didn’t speak any English, but a lovely gentleman) I was too tired to figure out how to get to hotel by the way it’s a good 30 miles from airport but most of the hotels are. The room was lovely, staff lovely, breakfast included in price was very good they also had a happy hour.
I told staff my daughter was detained and I was there by myself for two days they were more then helpful, helping me find my way around.
The coliseum is within walking distance, about 1 mile. I would walk to the food market down the street where I purchased lunchmeat, olives, bread and Aperol Spritzers and wine, bread I had read in other reviews to bring some condiments, paperplates and plastic silverware. I didn’t want to go to a restaurant by myself I was afraid of language barrier, I would go to rooftop deck in hotel and sit and eat, drink and enjoy the beautiful views. My daughter arrived In 3 days and we visited nearby restaurants and bars all within walking distance.
Bring a bag like a Trader Joe’s recycling bag to shop with easier to walk around with groceries, wine whatever. Room very clean, hotel in a residential area, very quite area. Fridge in room, hairdryer, jetted tub, heated towel racks, hardwood floors in rooms, 20 foot ceilings. We loved it. I would stay there again for sure. Just charming.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Joseph S
FamigliaPiroli, Direttore at Hotel Villa San Pio, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your wonderful comment!
We are glad to know you appreciate our hotel Villa S. Pio, we always do the best to take care of our guests and to make the stay memorable.
It’s really nice to know you appreciate the professionalism and the services received by all our staff (booking department first) always ready to help and to take great care of each client’s needs and we would like them to feel at home.
Thank you for having appreciated the location of our hotel Villa S. Pio. The Aventino hill is a very quiet and residential area and it’s right, it’s not far from the center but far from the hustle and bustle of Rome.
Hope to see you for your next trip in the eternal city.

We really hope to pamper you again in our hotel !

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Great choice for your stay in Italy. The hotel is on Aventine Hill which is the wealthiest area in Rome- this means beautiful villas and quiet streets- a nice change from the busy streets of Rome. For location, it’s a 20 minute walk to the Colosseum, 10 to Circus Maximus and about 35 to Trevi Fountain. 5 minutes walk to the Testaccio neighborhood with a ton of restaurants. Our room was large and nicely decorated. Windows fully opened and let in a ton of sunlight. Blackout curtains provided so you don’t have to get up when the sun does. The bathroom was the largest we have had on our Europe trip so far. Our favorite part of staying here aside from the beautiful surroundings and smell of magnolia trees was the 5 minute walk to the famous “keyhole”. Look it up and ask at the front desk for directions - go early or late in the day (10pm) to avoid long lines. I’m rating 5 stars because I was so happy with the pick but there are 3 things that could have been improved- 1. the hair dryer- you must bring your own if you want to dry your hair- the one provided is a hose on the wall that keeps turning off when the hose moves, the tube gets hot but when it reaches your hair the air is warm so it takes forever. 2. The pillows- we were provided 2 pillows for a large King size bed. They were very flat and there was a large gap in between the wall and headboard so you need additional pillows. When I asked for additional pillows, I was given just one and it was also flat as a pancake. The bed was stiff but after walking all day my body barely noticed. 3. The shower is a small nozzle set in the corner of a very large jacuzzi tub so you spend your time huddled in that corner and water runs all over the floor because of the poor design. I imagine the bath is lovely but that’s not my thing. Breakfast provided was fine- nothing special but you can sit on the outside terrace which is gorgeous.

Dear sir,
we are happy to know that you and your friends had a pleasant stay in the hotel Villa San Pio and that you will strongly recommend it.

We looking forward to take care of you in your next visit in our eternal city.