All reviews via cavour roman forum friendly cafe perfect location memory foam first floor metro station guest house air conditioning five minute walk pastries hear everything twin room gelateria pleasant stay main attractions hotel location
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

First the good. Location was great near many sites. Clean and rooms had amenities. However when booking you need to I guess clearly email them about the size and type of room you want. When booking on like it asks you how many persons and then only gives you an option for s room type. As in our case it was 4 adults and 1 toddler. So I chose the quadruple which I thought would be two rooms. No it was one room with a large bed and then a Murphy type bed with two bunk beds. This led to a cramped and miserable stay for all of us. Next the staff was nonexistent and unhelpful. When I brought up the issue of us needing two rooms she wanted to charge me 130 ish Euro each night. I tried to explain we wanted two single rooms but she really didn’t care. They also only made our room up one night and when they did we came back to a hit room because they had turned the air conditioning temp up. Needless to say this place is not a good spot got large families unless you confirm you have your own rooms. It was not a pleasant stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Great place to stay so close to sights you won’t need the metro

very clean and comfortable with staff that are attentive and so helpful without being intrusive

Absolutely recommend this place made the week a joy

Thanks

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We chose this accommodation based on recommendations on tripadvisor etc. However when we arrived (me my husband and our 17 year old grandson)we discovered that no breakfast was included but this had not been stated when booking. It was stated on all their advertising and website that breakfast was included. When we went down to the recommended cafe below the hotel for breakfast consisted of 3 cups of luke warm tea, 3 pastries, 3 glasses of orange juice,
2 ham and cheese toasties (small) and one round of toast and jam. We also purchased a small bottle of milk for our room this came to 51 euros !!! This is almost £50. We had not budgeted for this and £50 euros for breakfast was quite a shock and impacted our holiday quite a bit. The Cafe was called Cafe Ciardi, so do not use it or you will get ripped off. Needless to say we never used it again.
As far as the room was concerned our bedsheets were worn very thin and had holes in them (I have photographs to prove this) and our sheets were not changed in the six days we were there. My grandson dropped some paperwork down the side of his single bed and pulled the mattress away and was horrified to discover it was filthy, thick dust and old food crumbs and old sweets down by the side of the bed, heaven knows when that was cleaned. We also photographed this for proof. There was very poor reception cover, only 9am to 5pm and for two days we had no reception at all.
Altogether a very disappointing experience. The certificates of excellence from TripAdvisor and Hotels.com may well have been deserved at one time, but unfortuantely their standards have dropped and I think they are resting on their laurels. We have travelled all over Italy and the rest of europe and north Africa and have definitely never found holes in the bedsheets ! or have been mislead regarding breakfast being included.
The situation of the accommodation was good, but we do feel the locanda does not deserve certificates of excellence plastered all over its walls.
Generally it was an ok base but with no

Room Tip: There are only six rooms in this locanda most overlook the busy main Via Cavour.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SunTraveller0
Reviewed 3 April 2018

It was advertised as a B&B with breakfast. They stopped the breakfast a few months before we stayed there, but their website and everything with information still showed breakfast was included. A family down the hallway was incredibly loud every night. Our rooms were not next to each other, but we could hear them much too well and hardly slept. I know the showers are typically small in Europe, but this shower was incredibly small. Smaller than the shower in our Florence B&B.

I kept accidentally turning off the shower when moving too much and I am not large. They scheduled a taxi to take us to the airport early when we left and left a note on our door that it was done and scheduled. That was nice of him to do so we knew it was done.

We still had a nice visit in Rome, and I probably would have given a higher rating if I didn't think they tried to advertise as better than they are.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nbeecf
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay here - the owner, Riccardo, was very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect for the Colosseum and forum. Plenty of eating options nearby. Shame the breakfast had been discontinued but not a problem as there are plenty of places to buy coffee and breakfast close by. TV has a wide range of channels and you can switch it to english, if you want to chill out after a heavy day of walking.! Easy to get to as well, either a short walk from the train termini, or 1 stop on metro and 1min walk. I recommend!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple