“Beyond the pale!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Monti
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were the first to arrive for lunch at 11:30 and were welcomed to the corner table in this small cozy establishment. I asked if there was a chance I might get a lactose-free cappucino. (I've actually given up asking in Italy, no one seems to have an issue with lactose in Italy). Again, no "senza lattosio". However, 5 minutes later, I am presented with a container of milk and asked if this is what I wanted in my coffee. The guy actually went out and bought the milk to make my cappucino! Does it get any better than this? Actually yes, as my octopus salad and my partner's fettucine were delicious. Thanks for one of the better meals in Rome and for making my day with a great coffee.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I came here for lunch before a trip to the colosseum and was blown away by the pasta dishes. I got Caio e Pepe and my wife got a carbonara and they were the best pasta dishes I’ve had to date. The owner was involved in every aspect of the restaurant and he makes sure everything is done right. I also got the roast pork dish (porchetta) which was also fantastic.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Small wine bar with a very relaxed atmosphere. Friendly staff and simple but very tasty delicious food. Great wine list!! Would go back in a heartbeat!!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Came here yesterday, for some lunch.
Recent reviews told us how great this place was, yet can't see what all the hype is about.

The place is small, with only 8/9 tables (20 covers max)
When we arrived, there was clearly only one table left - a table for 4, yet the Manager seemed reluctant to give us the table. After an awkward wait, he decided to split the table, into 2, and seated us.

We then sat for atleast 10 mins, with no one coming to serve us, take an order, or even offer us drinks.
Yet during this time, the Manager seemed happy to chat with a couple at the bar, have a drink with them, change the tv channel, and speak to what percieved to be either regulars, or locals, on the table next to us.

Eventually we were served, after we asked him, if we could order.
Another awkward moment occurs, when he doesn't seem to want to serve us, and tries to find the waiter, to do this for him.
As the waiter couldn't be found, he took our order.

Bread for Bruschetta was completely overcooked and rock hard, but the rest of our meal was ok.
However, no bread offered for the table, (all other tables had bread on the table) and general sense that we weren't wanted...

Finally to add insult, considering we had only been there, no less that 40 mins.
My girlfriend saw him look to see if we had finished our mains, whilst checking his watch.

It became apparent that either our table was being used for an upcoming reservation, or simply did not want us there.

Overall, service was poor.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Fantastic wine food and atmosphere in this little hidden gem we had the steak and meatballs and a lovely bottle of local red. Staff were friendly and attentive