US$228
US$181
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$211/night.

US$2 049
Condotti Hotel(Rome)
US$110
US$100
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

US$779
US$677
  • Restaurant
All reviewsspanish stepsformer conventcentral courtyardliving roomwithin walking distancesitting areaupgraded to a suitefront desk staffbreakfast was excellentthe staff was friendly and helpfuli highly recommend this hotelyogurtcharming hotelroom was largelocation was perfectwalked everywheretrevi fountain
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have been there many times, quite and reserved place, nice breakfast and super centralized...walking you can go anywhere from this place as it is located in the center of the city. Thank you so much to the Manager LANFRANCO MARTELLI, DAVIDE and ERION for the professionalism and the kindness.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Moretti_Matteo, Direttore at Residenza di Ripetta, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear lucariemma,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review and for the positive feedback. I am delighted to share it with all my team your appreciation.

We could not ask for a higher price; please do not hesitate to contact us for any other bookings at Residenza di Ripetta.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have a mixed feeling about this hotel. There were 4 of us - my husband, our 2.5 year old son, my mom who helped us to watch him and myself. We stayed at the 2 bed/1bath room. And here is my feedback:

Location: Location is the best feature of this hotel. It's really unbeatable. Close to all the attractions, we really walked everywhere. But for those who, don't like too much walking, subway stop was right there.

Wi-Fi: It was included in the cost of the room, which is great. However, Wi-Fi worked in a very interesting way. Some days it was ok, but some days all of our devices said that they couldn't identify IP address and in that case we had to connect to their public area wifi, which was much much slower. So, not reliable.

Breakfast: Breakfast was included in the cost of the room and it was good. Enough variety, very friendly restaurant staff.

Reception: Reception staff was mostly find, they were very helpful when you ask them a question. But on the other hand nobody ever helped by mother with a stroller, when she tried to man up a stroller and a 2.5 year old on steps. Hotel doesn't have any ramp (though the wideness of the foyer would allow that with no problem) and when she was coming in or out, reception guys or bell boy pretended they didn't see her. Things like that always separate high class hotels from so-so hotels.

Сleanness: That is definitely area for improvement. Here are my problems with it. All walls were covered in stains, dirt marks, pensil marks (or something to that extend), carpet was covered in stains and looked old and dirty. The worst thing was that the shower head was covered in mildew and looked really gross. I had to separately call reception ask ask somebody to clean it up. It looked like they didn't vacuum at all during our stay there. Every day cleaning was really bad. When we checked in, they didn't even bother to remove a pair of shoes left by previous guests.

Room: That is another area for improvement. It was very spacious which is a plus. But it looked old and beat up. Bathroom was fine (except that needed cleaning) but the rest of furniture was old. It reminded me an 80th chick. Furniture was old, carpet came straight from 80th by style and I am not sure it was changed since then, because it was very stained. Walls definitely require fresh paint, there were no any single wall that was not covered in stains and dirt. Body towels were very nice and fresh, but face towels were not terry, but rather cotton with a mix of something else and not really comfortable to use (more like thick dish towel in a way).

A/C: A/C was there, which is important in a hot Rome weather. But it was very old fashioned and controls on the wall didn't work property. They had to be controlled on the unitls itself which had to specific temp. setting but just regulated the speed and relative hotter/colder air.

Laundry: laundry service was good and timely.

Overall: It's a nice hotel if location matters, but I think they pretend to be better than they actually are. If the hotel's price point was lower (and I can compare to only the charge we paid for our 2 bed/1bath room), then it would all match up but at the current price point, I think the quality of room and service was slightly below expected.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Irina C

Dear Ms. Irina,

First of all I would like to thank you for your review and to have shared your experience with other travellers at Residenza di Ripetta. Our guest feedback is always precious for us in order to check our quality standards and establish new goals.
I am glad that you enjoyed the central position of the hotel, our breakfast and the service of our front office agents.
I am sorry that your mother had problems with the stroller and that the bell boy did not help her. I will make sure this will no longer happen.
I apologize that you encountered problems with the hotel WIFI. I would like to assure that we have enhanced our WIFI and now is working properly for all our guests.

As for the cleaning of the hotel, we are working to improve our cleaning standards; for this reason we changed our cleaning company and as regards as the cleaning of the carpet, we are using more effective professional cleaning machines in order to clean the stains on the carpet.

I would also like to inform you that we have improved our AC system by replacing some fancoils that were no longer working properly.

I hope you had indeed a pleasant overall experience here at Residenza di Ripetta and you will come back to see the improvements that we have made.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very hard to rate this hotel since visually most of the hotels in Rome appear old, tired, and probably all in need of updating.

Service and staff at Residenza di Ripetta we found friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. Breakfast buffet was delicious and varied. However, we consistently dealt with an air conditioning problem that left the room always uncomfortablely hot, meaning sleep quality was consistently poor. The staff brought us a fan. It barely helped. Strangely, and to make matters worse, the AC units were floor based, and when the floor lenth curtains were closed, air could barely circulate.

But a hotel’s most important function is the sleep happiness of its guests. If they could ever give assurance on that point again, i would return. Otherwise, caveat emptor...

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WalpoleTed
Moretti_Matteo, Direttore at Residenza di Ripetta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Ted,

thank you for your review and thank you for the time you have spent on it. Our guest feedback is always precious for us in order to check our quality standard and establish new goals.

Residenza di Ripetta is a former convent from 17th century and therefore we kept the style of the building with some modern details. Our maintanance staff is working to improve the standards of quality that all our guest deserve. I am sorry that you had to deal with AC problems, but we are in the process of renovating our AC system by replacing some fancoils that needed to be fixed.

I would also like to thank you for your nice comment about our staff. Our reception staff is well trained to make each guests' stay a unique experience.

Make sure next time you travel to Rome, to visit us again and we will make sure you will have a memorable stay with us at Residenza di Ripetta.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Just returned from a 10 day trip from Italy. Last 2 days were in Rome. We were very disappointed with the hotel. The only positives were the location and the breakfast .The decor is very tired, carpets are worn, needs fresh paint and the furniture in the room looks like it was found in a garage sale. There were 7 of us and when we walked in the hotel with our luggage the staff just watched as we struggled with our bags up the stairs to the front desk. The person checking us in was pleasant but the guy beside him turned to my husband an told him he had already broken driving rules in Rome by driving to the hotel since it was on a restricted street and could be fined 90 euros, he was very condescending. I had called the hotel several times to make sure there would be room in the adjacent garage for our large van and was never informed of this complication. There was a form to fill out to be exempted from the fine but the whole process was not handled very professionally by the clerk.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Christina,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I sincerely apologize for what has happened during you stay.

Residenza di Ripetta is a former convent from 17th century and we want to keep the style of the building together with some modern details.

As for the maintenance of the hotel, I can assure that our staff is costantly working to fix and refurbish the rooms and common areas as well.

I sincerely apologize for what has happened with your luggage when you arrive at the hotel and that you were not informed about the traffic rule limitations to arrive at Residenza di Ripetta and I will certainly take actions for what has happened as our main focus is to let our guest have an unforgettable stay.

Please be so kind to send your email address of phone number, if you wish to discuss the issue personally.

My best regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2018

This hotel could be great but unfortunately the deferred maintenance and one staff member made it so that we can not recommend this hotel despite many pros'. If reading pay attention to the con's ( i normally lead with pro's) as they are repeated in other trip advisor reviews. we had a 5 night stay so feel i can properly evaluate the hotel.

Unfortunately based upon the con's i suggest you think long and hard before booking here.

Con's

1 - this hotel bills itself as a 4 star hotel but you should consider it as a 3 star.
2- deferred maintenance is visible throughout the hotel in rooms and public areas. This affected our stay and shows up in other reviews.
3- upon arriving ( after a 12 hour flight from los angeles) our room was hot and the air did not work at all to cool it down. Someone supposedly checked the room while we we out in the afternoon and then again at dinner and claimed everything was working (untrue) On the third trip down to the front desk after dinner finally i was able to secure a fan, which we had to set up our-selves. but really didn't cool things down
4- One unacceptable front desk employee stephan who in my opinion should not be in customer service
a- clearly didn't care our room was hot... it was a bother to him that we complained.
b- out an out lied when we asked if there was a tintoria ( laundromat ) ..near the hotel claiming that they did not exist in central rome only in the surburbs..( note the junior staff next to him was actually embarrassed to see him lying to us.
c- he refused to make change for us ( although i saw others receive change wihtin a short period after we were told no.

con resolutions.
1 - after the first night we again complained about a hot room on the way to breakfast. Different front desk staff checked the room found us at breakfast and without us asking told us the room was clearly unacceptable and said they would move us to a new room immediately, which they did.
2- a different front desk staff not only drew us a map to the two tintorias ( laundromats) near the hotel one drop off and one stay but explained to us how they operated.
3- other staff had made change when stephan was not there.

The above being said there are many positives about the hotel.

1- location in a quiet very central area near the Piazza del Popolo. Anywhere you want to go as a tourist is walk-able or a short cab ride. Had a lovely walk before dinner one night across the bridge to a great shopping street as well.
2- Good uncrowded restaurants near the hotel.. if you research. We had no trouble booking our desired times for the evening the same afternoon.
3- large rooms and bathrooms with plenty of space as well as a cooktop. We used our personal mocha machine for early morning in room coffee. Rooms are unique not cookie cutter making it interesting.
4- Expanded buffet breakfast with a very good and diverse selection . Well presented and maintained .
5- with the exception of the named individual above all other staff from the front desk to the dining servers to the housekeepers were pleasant and helpful.

summary - its a shame that one rotten apple ( employee) ruins the barrel and that the owners aren't willing to invest in maintenance to return the hotel to a 4 star class as it has a lot going for it.

Room Tip: be sure air or heat working properly befoer you accept room.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Bob,

thank you for your constructive review. Our guest feedback is always precious for us in order to improve our quality standars and establish new goals as well.

I am sorry that you have encountered problems with maintenance in the rooms and public areas and after a long flight to Rome, your room was not cold enough and the air conditioning was not working properly. I would like to assure we are doing some refurbishment works by replacing some fancoils and painting rooms and common areas as well.

I am very disappointed for what has occurred during your stay with one of my front desk employee and I am investigating with my front office manager in order to solve this issue. Our staff is well trained and guest oriented and I will definitely make sure that it will no longer happen.

However, I am also very happy to read that you enjoyed the central position of the hotel and that you appreciate the size of our rooms and our breakfast.

Please be so kind to email us with your phone number and email address if you wish to discuss personally your experience at Residenza di Ripetta.

Best Regards,