“Terrific neighborhood restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Prati
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our reservation was made on very short notice by our hotel host. This is a relatively small restaurant but they had a varied menu and adequate wine list. We enjoyed a number of local specialties like Supli (delicious and thoroughly unhealthy), deep fried artichokes (same comment), mushrooom risotto, artichoke (Roman Style) and saltimboca. The entire meal was delicious. The wine was very reasonably priced, and the service was excellent.

One guide to a restaurant’s excellence is determined by whether locals or foreigners are the main customers. I think we were the only non-locals there that evening, certainly near our table.

The total bill with the appetizers, primi, secondi, and wine came to less than $75. This was well worth it.

Write a ReviewReviews (2 561)

6 - 10 of 2 561 reviews

Reviewed 11 May 2018

Five stars and more. Excellent service and outstanding food. Our third visit in two years and it only gets better. Brought my wife’s brother and his wife and they enjoyed themselves immensely.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Managed to squeeze us in Courtesy of Luca from the Armony Suites getting us a table last minute great food brilliant service and the owner couldn't do enough for us - and his mum's sugar biscuits were lovely- will definitely be going back when in Rome.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We had an assortment of things here. Starting with deep fried artichoke and carbonara. Both were excuisite. The artichoke fried just the right amount and the carbonara was laden with cheeses and meats. It was splendid.

We then had some fried fish and a seafood pasta. The seafood pasta was also sublime, had a lot of taste and delicious. The fried fish were alright, there was an assortment of them and enough to be fed. They were however a little bit booring. So I recommend you take one of their wonderful pastas.

The wine was served in very cute small jugs, but sadly the wine wasn't very good. I recognize that everyone has different tastes, and that someone might like it, but to us the wine didn't measure up to the food.

Overall, a very pleasant experience by a not so trafficed road.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

I am a positive persone who always try to find something positive. I don’t like negativity and look at the bright side. This time I simply can’t and it feels weird but I think (especially) tourists should be warned. The food is regular, nothing special. Regular pasta and I know about pasta giving the fact that pasta is part
of my culture. The main reason why I’m giving one star is because the food is not worth the money and because they were not fair to their costumers. We had one starter/antipasto and each a plate of pasta and paid 42 euro. The starter (antipasto) was offered us by the waiter and it was off menu. Good technique. It was “carciofo alla parmigiana”. It was a small portion but we had one in half just to try it and each of us finished it in 2 spoons. The price - 15 eur! 15 f***ing euros for some carciofo and cheese. Don’t get me wrong, Im not a cheap person, at all. I don’t mind paying for something worth it. I am also not stupid so I know that was not worth 15eur! I am all about being fair and correct. I asked the owner about the irrational price of the plate and told her that it is really weird to pay more for a starter than for a main course (11eur for a plate of pasta) but she started to find excuses and tried to convince me the contrary. I am fluent in Italian so the communication was clear. No misunderstanding. Of course there are no excuses for such price tag. None! Why they charged so much? Firstly, because we are tourist so they know they need to squeeze as much as they can out of you. Secondly, because we took one starter so it needs to be as much as if we had two, if you know what I mean. I am sad, not because of money of course, but because it is really not hard to be fair. For those who are doing the math - we had natural water. That’s all. Honestly speaking, I hate injustice and being taken as a fool.