Reviews (1 605)
1 605 results
All reviews gregorio vii pool attendant swimming pool nice hotel great pool vatican city bus stop breakfast buffet residential area minute walk busy road enjoyed my stay hotel restaurant public transport stayed at this hotel for nights long weekend city break
257 - 262 of 1 605 reviews
Reviewed 6 July 2015

The hotel is located a little less than a mile from the vatican. Its a nice walk in a decent area. Everywhere will require either a long walk or a taxi. Rates are reasonable. Rooms are clean and spacious but that where it goes down hill. Air conditioners in rooms barely work. Hot summer days rooms can be an oven and smell like dank carpet. Locks on doors don't always work. During my stay I had 2 people accidentally walk into my room just by turning the knob. Room cleaning isnt always done unless you specifically ask for it. The most bizarre item was trying to use the iron to press my clothes. In order to have access to the key in the ironing room you need to sign a waiver holding the hotel harmless for any damage. THAT IS CRAZY. Another oddity is that if you want to access fitness equipment you need a note from your doctor stating that you are in good health to use fitness equipment. WIFI in the lobby works great but a crapshoot once you try in your room. Would only go back to this hotel as a last resort. Shame great amenities that I couldnt use unless I had my lawyer present.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Juanvergara
Reviewed 3 July 2015

Stayed here for a 4 night stay in May on a pilgrimage.
Good location for seeing Rome. We were bed and breakfast but the first night we had pre-booked an evening meal for our large party. The meal was poor value for money and the vegetarian option was terrible.
Breakfast was ok with plenty of choice of pastries, cheeses, meats etc.
The rooms were clean and absolutely adequate for our stay. The bar was pricey but you expect that in any city location.
Would stay here again for location but would go into Rome or the surrounding area for meals.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Julie S
Lorenzo N, Direttore at NH Roma Villa Carpegna, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2015

Dear Julie,

Thank you having appeciated the location, breakfast and rooms of the NH Villa Carpegna.

I would like to apologize if the meal did not meet your expectations and thank you for providing us with an important feedback in order to improve the quality of our service.

I hope to welcoming you again soon during your next trip to Rome!

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2015

I spend four nights in Villa Carpegna with my daughter. Hotel was just the right one for us this time. The pool was the reason why I chose this hotel. Pool was very nice. The hotels public areas were in good condition, but rooms at least our room was quite shabby. We paid little extra to get bigger and better room and I recommend to do that. The normal rooms I saw, were very little. Location was not the best possible, but I think it was ok. By bus 10 minutes to Vatican and 20 minutest to centrum. Breakfast was also very good. I can warmly recommend this hotel to people who travel in summertime and who want to relax by the pool.

Room tip: recommend to upgrade yourselves to superior, it`s worth it.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen the NH Villa Carpegna for your trip to Rome with your daughter.

We are pleased that our pool met your expectations, as well as our Anti-Ox breakfast.
Moreover, thank you for having mentioned our unique location. Far from the noisy city centre but near to the Vatican and the most important attractions of Rome.

I am sorrowful if the room did not meet your expectations, the NH Villa Carpegna has more room types to satisfy different needs. Our Front Office staff will be glad to assist you choosing the wright room the next time you will visit us.

I hope to welcoming you soon at the NH Villa Carpegna!

Reviewed 2 July 2015

What can I say ,except from the moment we landed and got picked up by the hotel's shuttle service it's been totally awesome.
From FCO airport 20 minutes
Entrance to the hotel: WOW
Check-in was very quick and very very friendly staff
Rooms: Very spacious, very clean,swipe safe in the cupboard and the Mrs always checks the bathroom and SHE was very happy. :)
You have the normal coffee make and fridge bar which was ok but never used it.
PS:(Surprisingly they do not provide milk in the room so have to ask for it but minor point)
Cupboard were big and plenty of space. Oh by the way,iron presser inside,they don't mention that.
After relaxing for an hour we went downstairs to the restaurant and were offered a fixed menu offer for 25 Euro's three course but that was good enough and were seated near the lovely pool and perfect evening breeze.
Food: Starts: Different type of bread served with olives oil and special sauce.
Main course: Seabass for me was out of the world and very healthy.Mrs loved her veggie option aswell(Pics attached)
Dessert: Simply mixed fruit of the world
Everything was all high quality from service to the test of the food. "Simply awesome

Room tip: Ask for room 242 and above but they all are very good.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your beautiful and detailed review posted on TripAdvisor.
We are honored to have been the right choice for your friend's 50th birthday celebration!

Thank you for the WOW that you have dedicated to the hotel entrance, as well as to your description of our rooms and restaurant service.
Your "simply awsome" makes us understand that you have had a memorable experience at the NH Villa Carpegna.

I hope to welcoming you personally during your next trip to Rome.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 2 July 2015

Great venue; it didn't feel like you were in the middle of Rome! The access to the city centre is excellent. Extremely close to Villa Doria Pamphili for good running routes. Very comfortable room and friendly staff. Big swimming pool was a real treat in the heat!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
Lorenzo N, Direttore at NH Roma Villa Carpegna, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your beautiful review regarding the NH Villa Carpegna!

As you have perfectly described, the NH Villa Carpegna is a great venue for a tranquil time, far from the caos of the city centre but with an easy access the major attractions of Rome.
Thank you for having mentioned that we are very close to Villa Doria Pamphili, a beautiful and historical park where lovers of jogging find paradise.

I hope to welcoming you personally during your next stay at the NH Villa Carpegna!

Best regards,