“Heavenly gelato in the city of St. Peter”
Review of Cremeria Aurelia

Cremeria Aurelia
Ranked #26 of 837 Dessert in Rome
Price range: US$2 - US$5
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 20 March 2018

I just fell upon this place by chance on a work trip to Rome. Organic gelato with many vegan options and reasonably priced. Very friendly staff. I had the non-dairy chocolate - one of the most incredible things I've ever had - I think I can say it even beats Bertillon in Paris if that is possible. I will be back. I'm not sure that I'm brave enough to try avocado but there were many fruit- and nut-based sorbets and more traditional flavors too. Definitely worth a visit if you are in this part of Rome (a bit out of the center).

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Absolutely divine ice cream. The only problem is chosing from the many flavours available. Seasonal varieties could be your first choice! I had sweet chestnut and it was delicious. The pistachio is definitely the best I have ever tasted. I loved the coconut too. The staff are really friendly, and some speak English. One taught me how to ask for it in Italian: "piccolo copetta, per favore, castagna y pistaccio". Servings are similar to those elsewhere in Roma.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Located outside the overly crowded tourist area, this little icecream shop seems to be visited mostly by locals - and with true reason. Plenty of flavors too choose from, with options for vegans, gluten free and so on - basically, it's difficult to pick just 1-2-3 for a portion. We ended up with 3 flavours each just to sample as many. Pistachio flavour is divine, but do try local tastes!

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

This is a very popular gelato shop with the locals so I decided to give it a try. Gelatos were good but not outstanding. Worth a try if you're around.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Very good ice cream but portions so small you could laugh. Completely inexperienced guy serving was the excuse. But experienced colleagues nearby did not correct him. Will go elsewhere in future