Reviews (1 040)
1 040 results
All reviews rooftop bar piazza navona family suite del paradiso great location small pool steam room spa area walking distance the hotel staff pastries deluxe room adjoining rooms around the corner minute walk heart of rome restaurant recommendations
321 - 326 of 1 040 reviews
Reviewed 21 January 2016 via mobile

I would have rated four if the first night hadn't been such a disaster - after several emails to the hotel to ensure a quiet, comfortable room on an upper floor we were put in room 101 AKA 108 - at approx 4.30am We were awoken to the sound of screeching wheels, tooting horns and what sounded like an Italian stag party - after practically no investigation at all, we discovered we'd been placed over a storage room for god only knows what- circus maximus perhaps - Armed with this damming knowledge, I marched to reception like a typical spoilt European to check out - Carlos at reception was 'incredulous' as to this mysterious noise that had kept us up half the night - how many times a year does he need to do this performance for disgruntled room 108 dwellers I wonder? - in fairness he moved us immediately to a smaller room in the attic that was quiet & at this stage that was all that mattered.
The spa was really dissapointing as it was the main reason I booked lunetta and not a more luxurious boutique hotel without a 'spa'- very small- tiny pool with two deck chairs, sauna, steam room, mood shower (no good mood setting unfortunately )& not forgetting the piece de resistance - the Relaxation room - enter at your peril if you are in any way relaxed. A big enough space with absolutely no atmosphere, chilly feeling room, with 4 uncomfortable reclining deckchairs and an immense glass table in the middle serving the mandatory cucumber water & tired fruit - the relaxation room was too bright to relax and too dim to read, piped generic music that was neither calming nor rousing and no door between it and reception so the only thing that really held your tension in place was the Italian coversation taking place between the therapists.
I want to be as fair as I can though & point out its attributes- hotel lunetta would have been a much better choice for us on a shorter break - 2 nights would be perfect here, as the staff are outstanding - Carlos could not have been more helpful, patient & welcoming & really the star of the show was the staff & it's fantastic location - we saw everything without having to get a tram, bus, train or taxi - and what's the use of a luxurious hotel in the back of beyonds with condescending staff !!
Hotel lunetta for the love of god ;
Splash out on sky for multilingual use & perhaps provide dvd
Get some soft toppers for the VERY firm mattresses
ditch the glass table in relaxation room get at least 6 comfotable beds, dim the lights with optional light to read at each station, supply a cozy fluffy blanket and a door to close off reception
Easy pisa

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sharon m
Reviewed 18 January 2016

I'm so pleased I found this great boutique hotel. It was walking distance to all the main attractions. The hotel staff were perfect, very helpful and friendly. Our room was very well appointed and despite being slightly small, included everything you could need for a long weekend break. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

Clean rooms and convenient location, we walked to all the main attractions. Stayed in the family suite which are two adjoining rooms with a shared corridor. The rooms can be a little cramped if you have a lot of luggage but other than that everything was great, bathrooms are spacious and clean. Would do the same in return to Rome.

Stayed: January 2016
Reviewed 7 January 2016

We are a family of four and stayed here recently during our Christmas holiday. We had booked the family suite for our stay and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Its a historic hotel and therefore space is a challenge, but it is managed cleverly.

There are several eateries around the hotel, although not all of them could be classified as authentic (more touristy), but there are plenty of good choices as well. The location of the hotel is very good.

Our suite was very convenient although tight on space since we had opened the sofa-cum-bed as a bed for the kids. The suite has two bathrooms, hence ideal for a family of four. There was even a nice terrace attached to it, which we unfortunately couldn't utilise due to the weather.

The breakfast was fairly elaborate and good. There was free wifi and decent quality.

To my understanding (I explored but didn't ask), there is no heating in the rooms (only air-conditioning), which was a little surprising for me, but probably that may be the norm in Rome as they don't get a very severe winter.

The best part our stay was the excellent staff at the hotel, who were professional, courteous and ever so ready to help. Overall, a wonderful option to stay in Rome!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank GurgaonTrotwood
Reviewed 5 January 2016

Exceptional hotel, in a great location; I truly can't find any fault with it and if I will stay here again upon returning to Rome. One thing worth mentioning: interior facing windows open into a courtyard shared by, it seems, apartments. Full audio of sex, and lots of it, was available when the windows were open in the evening. :)

Room Tip: See note in review about sounds from the courtyard.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo