“Best Lasagna in Rome”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I waited 45 minutes in line for a table. Normally I would be upset by this, but I tell you, the wait is worth it. The mater'd was serving champagne and bread to us while we waited. The place was buzzing with activity and the staff was amazingly attentive. I don't know how "traditional" it is, but the lasagna was the best I've ever had. The manager (or maybe owner) personally came to check that the food was to my liking and welcomed me to Rome. If I ever have the chance to return to Rome, I will definitely return here for some of that amazing lasagna.

Write a ReviewReviews (10 481)

378 - 382 of 10 481 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for dinner on a early Sat evening. There was a line but it wasn’t too long....only 4 people ahead of us. By the time we finished our meal, the line was at least a dozen people long & it was raining.

The service is outstanding. Everyone greets you walking in and when leaving the restaurant. Although they were super busy, we never felt as though we were being rushed. The waiter was very friendly & courteous.

The food was excellent! Good size portions & very tasty. We had 4 different entrees one of which was gluten free. Everyone was pleased with their food. Definitely no complaints. The prices were reasonable as well.

Cantina e Cucina was definitely one of the best places we ate at in Rome.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The staff was friendly, but very busy seating people, instead of delivering food to the tables, so there was the constant chime of the ‘food is ready’ bell.. I ordered 4 different items, to drinks and to plates, one drink came up wrong even though it was correct on the bill. I’m not coming back and screw you tripadvisor for advising anyone to go here!

1  Thank flyttegud
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My family of five (three children age 16, 14, and 10) ate here on our first day in Rome. The staff was very friendly, the vibe was relaxed, and the food was delicious. The wait staff has helpful with making choices from the menu, very non-pretentious which is welcome as a foreign visitor. My 10 year old is asking to go back once more before we head home. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Decent Italian food and portion size was ok but nothing spectacular. Wine selection was great but it was all very expensive

1  Thank Rhys12345678

Been to Cantina e Cucina? Share your experiences!