“Private and Peaceful - yet easy to get everywhere”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Rosemary...
Marlborough, United Kingdom
“Private and Peaceful - yet easy to get everywhere”
Reviewed 1 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Perfect for those who want to get away from the busy streets and noise of Rome yet in easy reach of all sites of interest, with good transport links.
David was welcoming and extremely helpful upon my arrival, always available should you need help, but never obtrusivel. The apartment is set in a shady terraced garden, and would I imagine would be a wonderful retreat from the heat, though it was quite cool outside in April. I was worried about noise, being a light sleeper, but it was lovely and quiet, so I slept soundly in the enormous and very comfortable bed.

It was a very enjoyable and comfortable stay in a clean, well furnished apartment. Only tip I have is for anyone who is an avid tea drinker - be prepared to boil water in the microwave or on the gas, or take a travel kettle. David religiously has had to replace three 'misplaced' kettles over the past few months, so there is not one. There are coffee making utensils though.

Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 65+
1 May 2016
Dear Rosemary,
Thanks for the lovely review. It's been good meeting you and I alrerady miss the little chats we had. I Really need more and more guests like you who really aprreciate the authenticity and genuinity of the area which is so close to attractions but away enough "only for turists "area. Thanks also for appreciating my work.I have travelled a lot for work and I know what it feels like to be for the first time in a new city, with a different language and habits so I try my best to make my guests feeling home! I hope to host you again soon. Warmest regards David
Kevin K
Huntington Beach, California
“Amazing Place!”
Reviewed 19 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Despite me being late to my appointment (got lost on public transit), David was extremely patient and very informative upon my arrival. He walked me through the entire apartment and explained how to use all the appliances and electronics. Neighborhood was mellow and there was an amazing little pizza place right around the corner. It was a good distance outside of the central tourist area, but with the tram (5 minute walk) it was extremely simple to get into the heart of the city and everything was in walking distance once you got off. David also provided train/bus routes to all the major attractions and was there to answer any questions that I had about the city. Great apartment and a great host! Would definitely recommend to friends and stay there again.

Travelling group: Solo
20 Nov 2015
Thanks Kevin for your great review.
I am glad you have enjoyed the " live like a Roman " vacation and i giorni to have more and more guests like you who enjoy the authenticity and genuinity of the area .
Hope to have you again soon !
Ikerrioja
Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain
“Comfortable appartment near Trastevere”
Reviewed 3 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

This appartment is really comfortable. Perfect for 2 people. The bed is really big and the dining area is spacious, with large sofas and multimedia equipment. The owner offers his own collection of music and DVDs.

The property is very well located. It is within 5 minutes walk to the Trastevere train station, connected to San Pietro and Roma Termini. The 8 Tram is even closer. This line ends in Piazza Venezia, near the Colloseum and the Forum.

The owner is always very helpful. He welcomes you at the arrival and explains all the details of the property and useful information about the city and the country. He even gave us a little surprise, which was very kind of him.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
7 Oct 2015
I hope to host you again soon.
Warmest regards
Andrew G
“Great host in Rome”
Reviewed 25 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

Me and my wife had a great stay at David's apartment. Nice located, in quite safe neighborhood and not far from historical center. Situated close to bus, tram stations. So it's really easy to get at any place in Rome. David was very helpful from introducing us to his apartment, to description of neighborhood places: cafe, restaurants, grocery stores, pharmacies and complete city guide of Rome attraction, with detailed information about how to get there. Weather became very hot in the middle of July. Apartment was a cold fresh remedy place after all discovering and walking around the Rome. Air conditioner save our lives :)). We spent a great time in Rome and David's apartment was a big good part of this experience.
Thank you for everything David!
Kind Regards Andrei and Chanel.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
7 Oct 2015
Thank you very much for your review! The satisfaction of my Clients is very important to me and I am really pleased to hear such nice comments about the apartment, its functionalities and me. I hope to host you again...
Ciao,
kimj160
Sun Valley, Idaho
“A LITTLE SANCTUARY”
Reviewed 18 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

I stayed here with my 24 year old daughter for a week. We arrived sick and tired and David could not have been more helpful. We actually stayed at several VRBO's during our 2 month trip and David was the only owner to greet us personally and show concern for our discomfort. He even offered to go to the pharmacy, but that was not needed in the end. He is very accessible and speaks fluent English. The apartment itself is VERY comfortable and homey. English TV channels, great WIFI, highly usable kitchen and comfortable bed in a good size room. It is quiet, with a charming patio behind a locked gate. Grocery right around the corner (several, in fact) and the tram is also close. The tram does take you to the train station (1 stop) but, we preferred to walk as it is not far. A bottle of wine greeted us and that was a lovely touch. Rome is quite hectic and a nice, calm place to return to at the end of a long day was always welcome. We preferred being just a little out of the main tourist area and in addition you feel VERY safe here. Plus, David could not be more helpful if you need him.

Travelling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
7 Oct 2015
Thanks for your kind words! indeed, I confirm how lucky I am in having people like you staying at my apartment! I need the neighbourhood to be appreciated by people that respect its authenticity, and make it less and less "for roman only". I hope that my small but coherent action against wild commercial interests will resonate around me and make the holiday-rental business a way to change this trend. Come back soon
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing