Barocco Hotel(Rome)
Hotels.com
Book now, pay at stay
US$290
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$402/night.

US$227
US$181
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$206/night.

Residenza Argentina(Rome)
Book now, pay at stay
US$809
US$200
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$305/night.

Condotti Hotel(Rome)
US$110
US$96
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

Hotel Artemide(Rome)
US$314
US$248
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$315/night.

US$330
US$231
US$186
US$166
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$224/night.

US$2 056
US$434
  • Pool
US$369
US$289
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsborghese gardensart deco hotelsmall luxury hotelquiet locationa short taxi ridebeautiful hotelspanish stepshome away from homecentre of romemarble bathroomresidential neighborhoodupgraded to a suitehotel restaurantsister hotelfive star hotelpiazza del popoloour honeymoon
Reviewed 2 July 2015

If you are a member of small boutique hotels, don't expect an upgrade. We didn't get one. Hotel room was nice but smallish and no balcony as advertised for many of their rooms. Also we had family groups around us and 2 nights in a row woken by children's noise at 1 - 1.30 am when they had returned to hotel not long before - so not sound proof rooms as another reviewer has mentioned.
Had mould in jar of yoghurt I chose for breakfast on day 1 so disappointed with that - maybe not many people go for natural yoghurt!
Walking to city was very hot - late June - but the park to walk through is very nice.
Not sure if name correct but Maximus very helpful and courteous.
Overall a nice place but if we return would be in cooler months - because of distance to walk to city and would want a room with a balcony.

Room Tip: Don't choose room 507. Not soundproof from other rooms and nothing special.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jan R
Michela_De_Martino, Direttore at Hotel Lord Byron, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2015

Dear Guest,

thank you for the time you took to write a review and for letting us know your opinion regarding your stay and the property.

We are sorry if we could not offer you an upgrade as members of SLH. Unfortunately it is not always possible as it depends on availability and June is one of the highest season in the year.
Regarding the noise, we are very well known for the calm and quietness of the area and of the hotel. We do apologize for the noise you heard.

We are pleased you appreciated the assistance of Massimo and of all the Team; we hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon.

With kindest regards,

Michela and all the Team of the Lord Byron

Reviewed 26 June 2015

I've travelled to Rome at least 5 or 6 times and every time I go I dread the thought of arriving at the hotel to see what I've booked (which almost never resembles photos on their website). I was pleasantly surprised on this occasion! The hotel is charming and the room we stayed in was massive for a Roman hotel. We had a huge bed (larger than king) with a lovely terrace which you could walk out onto. The service at the hotel was exceptional (again, something rare in Rome) and the buffet breakfast was expansive and offered quality selections. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and I'll look forward to returning in the future.

The only downside was the wifi - it was basically un-usable for the 6 nights we were there and I had to buy a data SIM card to get reliable internet access. I called and enquired about it a number of times but it appeared that nothing was done to fix it.

Note that the hotel is a 10-15 minute walk into Rome city through the beautiful Villa Borghese park - a lovely way to start the day and work off the breakfast :)

The only advice I would give is that it's not within the Aurelian walls so when you're catching a taxi from the airport be sure to negotiate with the driver beforehand because the 30/50 euro flat rate doesn't apply.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank John P
Amedeo_Ottaviani, Proprietario at Hotel Lord Byron, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2015

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your most kind review on Tripadvisor and particularly for praising our rooms, the buffet breakfast and dedicated team.

We are very pleased to inform you that we have replaced the internet wi-fi system and it is now perfectly working.

Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your positive experience of the Lord Byron with other Tripadvisor readers.

All the best,

Amedeo Ottaviani

Reviewed 26 June 2015

During our two week vacation to Italy, we decided to treat ourselves in Rome by selecting a hotel that is a bit more pricey, with the hopes that it creates a special experience in the city that we looked forward to most. Hotel Lord Byron did not disappoint! This boutique hotel really prides itself on the personal touch that it provides to its guests. The check in staff, door men, even the cleaning staff, is exceptionally friendly, helpful and focused on making your experience in the hotel comfortable and relaxed. The room was great - very comfortable bed, beautiful spacious bathroom, and the best shower I have ever had in a hotel! We had a small shared terrace, which added a nice touch.

Breakfast was included in our rate. The selection was excellent and the server staff was very attentive. The location of the hotel is a little removed from the main attractions in Rome, however, there is a taxi stop right by the hotel, so it is easy to arrange one to take you where you want to go.

Great experience! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a terrace.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SATraveller25

Dear Guest,

What a pleasure to read your words. This is what we strive to achieve: a personal touch and all our attentions to make your experience unique; we aim to be the perfect home to enjoy the fascinating Eternal city.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Amedeo Ottaviani

Reviewed 16 June 2015

I was a little apprehensive about our stay given that it was a little out of the way yet checking google maps made me feel a little more comfortable as it was only 25 mins to the trevi fountain. What I hadn't bargained for was the terrain; very hilly, through the park etc...not great in the June heat so - or if you're planning on wearing heels in the evening - think carefully as to the location as it IS a trek.

However, the hotel itself is lovely, our room was lovely with a nice big bathroom, very comfortable bed, great air conditioning, reasonable mini bar prices, lovely breakfast...we arrived early and were able to go straight to our room which was great.

The reception staff are not as helpful and attentive as I would expect of a 5 star hotel - they were not unhelpful but they were not forthcoming with helpful information...for example we were trying to understand how we could get the bus to vatican city and the lady told us where to get it from but couldnt tell us which side of the road to stand, how often it ran past the stop or what times etc so not helpful. Also, all rome taxi's have set fares to the airports, so when i booked ours to take us back I'm not sure what made me ask but i did only to be told that from the lord byron the set rate didnt apply - again this would have been nice to know beforehand.

Also, the nightly city tax. Now I am familiar and used to paying this as I stay in Paris frequently however I was very shocked at check out when I was told it was 7 euros per person per night!!! Crikey...not sure if this is applied by the hotel at their discretion (if it is it should be changed!!)

So overall a lovely hotel but I would not stay there again if I was visiting Rome as it is too far out and with the prices of the taxi's it makes it more expensive than necessary.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Nicola G
Michela_De_Martino, Direttore at Hotel Lord Byron, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel.

We are pleased you enjoyed and appreciated the comfort of the room, the breakfast and the early offered check in.
Our property in located in the upscale district of Parioli, in a quite and elegant area. The location is usually considered as a plus, when you already know the city of Rome that might be very chaotic and noisy. Here you have the chance to enjoy a very pleasant area of the city, nevertheless you can reach the heart of Rome in 10 minutes with a taxi.

Our Team is always eager the help and assist; we are sorry if we lack on details when providing information on public transportation. Regarding the fixed fair with the taxi, it is only valid when you stay inside the Aurelian walls, which is the historical centre of Rome. The Aurelian walls have been designated as the outer limit by Rome City Council Resolution n.493 dated 6 September, 2006.

Unfortunately, as you may have seen on line, the city tax is not at Hotels discretion.
The Municipality of Rome has introduced an accommodation tax (“the Tax”), to be paid by any guests staying in the city hotels from 1st January 2011 onwards. The Tax will help Municipality to cover the expenses for public services in Rome. As far as the five stars hotels are concerned (so including us), the amount due is Euro 7,00 per person per night, up to a maximum of 10 consecutive nights. Said amount is collected by the hotel in addition to the hotel bill and is paid by the hotel to the Municipality.

We send our best wishes.

The Team of the Hotel Lord Byron

Reviewed 15 June 2015

We had two rooms for three nights last week (American family of 4). The entire experience was very positive from the front desk to housekeeping to the restaurant staff. I really don't understand the complaints about this hotel. Yes, it is not in the historic center, but if you have been to Rome, you know that area can be a bit much after 24 hours with all the tourists! Parioil is a lovely, upscale residential neighborhood and the hotel feels intimate, with little touches like a living room/library to relax in, quality bath products, premium bedding/furnishings, great AC. The entire hotel was spotless! The breakfast is wonderful and the waitstaff was so gracious. Thank you Conchetta for being such a wonderful person and putting up with my basic Italian! I wish I could name everyone here, but I had to write a review to let you know what a fantastic experience my family had in Rome at this property. I would love to return someday. Thank you again and all the best!!

Room Tip: We had a lovely room overlooking pine trees and residential buildings.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank LFDNY

Dear valued Guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments.
We are glad you enjoyed the location of the hotel, as well as its design, the room and our attentive service.

We heartily appreciate your time and your nice words, and we are looking forward to welcoming you and your Family back to Rome.

With warmest regards,