Reviews (6 418)
4 436
1 168
4 436
1 168
All reviewsimperial loungela pergolacity viewdiamond memberhilton pointsexecutive floorart collectionbeautiful hotelshuttle buscomplimentary shuttlepillow menuoutdoor poolcorner suitepool sideturkish bathsteam roompiazza barberini
243 - 248 of 6 418 reviews
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I probably should have taken more pictures at he actual resort, but it was absolutely stunning and extremely accommodating.
It overlooks Rome from atop a hill and is nestled within walking distance of local shops and markets, which allows you to easily immerse yourself into local culture on top of reaping all the benefits of resort life.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
RobertaR0SSI, Front Office Manager at Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear JosephcJ1633RV,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review!

All of the Rome Cavalieri team are happy to read that we exceeded your expectations with the hotel and the service received.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

The Cavalieri has it all: spacious rooms, a wonderful, friendly staff, two great restaurants (book well in advance if you want to eat at La Pergola--probably the best restaurant in Rome), excellent athletic facilities and spa and one of the best club floors of any hotel. The hotel is in on a hilltop overlooking Rome (the view is superb). The location is restful, but not downtown. The hotel runs a complementary hourly shuttle service; it takes about half an hour to get downtown.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
RobertaR0SSI, Front Office Manager at Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Jerry B,

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Luxury and comfort: we got what we conference participants paid for. The staff were ubiquitous, invariably courteous and attentive. My room 323 (photo) was extremely spacious and outstandingly well equipped: two beds so comfortable that it didn’t matter that at Reception my booking of one queen bed had been confirmed); a generously sized desk; numerous power points and light switches (with no indications of what they controlled, so that it took me some time to establish how to turn off the beside light); a huge bathroom with a bath/shower (photo) – but it took some effort to turn off completely the cold tap on the basin; and a large balcony (photo) with a view (photo). The cleaning staff were unobtrusive and thorough, even tidying away the items I had left in the bathroom. The bathrobes were an added bonus. The waste bins did not have the pedal-operated metal lids that make the guest’s life unnecessarily difficult in some hotels. The one item lacking was tea/coffee-making facilities.
Although the exterior (photos) was fairly modern, the interior was traditionally luxurious. The view from the 9th (top) floor terrace (photo) was spectacular – open for dinner, but not during the day. The grounds were extensive, also with memorable views (photos). One consequence of the views was a considerable distance to the centre of Rome: the shuttle bus was helpful.
The breakfast buffet (partial photo) was overwhelmingly varied, including a new English-language expression for me: “centrifugate of kiwi” (photo). The conference set lunch was tasty, but service to the very big group was slow.
This hotel provided a first in my experience: a door notice to alert staff to the presence of a pet in the room.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear RodneyfromLondon,

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I don’t think I have ever been at a fancy hotel as this! I felt a bit underdressed while stepping into the lobby at arrival and probably I was.

Since we were there for the PromaxBDA (a conference) with work I don’t know how the prices are or what staying as a normal guest is like but I will just let you know this: Was I happy about my boss’ decision about letting us stay at this hotel for 3 nights?

The breakfast was delicious, the terrace and lounge were nice and one day we actually got our room cleaned twice (double up on the chocolate on the pillow, yaay!)

The style of the hotel is not my kind of style but I won’t hold it against them.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Louise D,

Reviewed 21 March 2018

The hotel is beautiful, the staff is fairly accommodating.

If I were not loyal to Hilton and a diamond member, I would've given the hotel 4 stars, as that is what it would've been worth to me if I didn't have status with Hilton.

Pros:
• La Pergola was great, though getting a table was not easy.
• Beautiful views of Rome
• Friendly staff
• Breakfast buffet was great, and as expected, included as a diamond member.
• In general, it will meet most people’s expectations.

Cons:
• Disappointed as a diamond member.
⁃ I booked a reward stay for 5 nights as a diamond member, and since this trip was a very special occasion for us, I reached out via numerous methods in advance to inquire about the possibility of upgrades (Phone/Email/Instagram/TripAdvisor), including various preferences should availability be limited, and I was slightly disappointed to only be offered a Twin Rome View room on the 4th floor, the second lowest offering at the hotel.
⁃ I was already aware of the fact that Diamond members do not have access to the “Imperial” floors or the lounge, so I am not holding this fact against them, despite that sort of thing being standard across other Hilton properties.
⁃ Additionally, on the night before we checked out of our 5 night stay, we requested a slightly later checkout and were not able to confirm this for us, asking we call again in the morning. As a diamond member, I've never experienced that at any other hotel in the Hilton family.
⁃ Similarly, the spa, which we were able to access as a diamond member was closed after our first day, so this benefit was essentially nonexistent and un-acknowledged. The one day we were able to use it, it was nice, and it would’ve made my list of “pros.”
• Other Items
⁃ Double authorizations for every incidental that remain on my card 2 weeks later on top of the initial pre-authorization for incidentals. So if you order room service, every time that amount is authorized and not removed in a timely manner, and then at checkout the full amount is billed on top of all of the initial authorizations. This is not a huge deal, as I have plenty of credit available, but it is slightly inconsiderate. I also needed to request a receipt from the hotel, as one was not automatically provided digitally.
⁃ The 20 minute shuttle or Uber ride into the heart of Rome did end up being a bit more inconvenient than I expected. If you want to explore Rome, it ends up being the sort of hotel where you leave in the morning and don't come back to the hotel until you are done with your day/evening. As a New Yorker, I would compare it to having a hotel located in Queens.
⁃ The cost of incidentals is borderline insane, even for a luxury hotel in a major city. Like $10.50 for a can of soda from the mini-bar, $29 for a Caesar Salad without chicken from room service, etc. We ended up grabbing some snacks and beverages from the city and keeping them in our room, but for 5 nights, we still racked up $817 in incidentals, simply because there are no food/drink options other than from the hotel nearby.

Thanks!
Stephen from NYC

Room Tip: Request the Rome View
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Stephen B
RobertaR0SSI, Manager at Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear Stephen B,
First we would like to thank you for taking the time for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay in the Eternal City.

Also we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Waldorf Astoria during your visit to Rome even though we regret to read that some aspects did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

We do read our guests comments with genuine attention as they allow us to focus on our strengths and weakness in order make improvements whenever necessary. We usually always try to give preference of upgrades to our HH Gold and Diamond members whenever possible however all of our city view king rooms over those dates had been booked and thus the impossibility to assign. Of course we were sorry to read that you did not receive an immediate positive reply for a late checkout and we fully understand your disappointment however the Hotel was running very high occupancy and we were unable to confirm it the day before. Our Front Desk Supervisor decided to upgrade you to a Twin Deluxe Premium Room located on the 5th floor as no other type of upgrade was available.

Regarding lounge access kindly be informed that Waldorf Astoria properties do not operate executive lounge and that the Imperial Club is an exclusive area designed for guest staying in Imperial Rooms and Suite.

Also we were most dismayed to learn of impossibility to enjoy the Cavalieri Grand Spa throughout the entire stay and we would like to offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by extraordinary maintenance works which forced us to temporally closed the facility.

We very much hope you may return to the Rome Cavalieri in the not too distant future thus giving us another opportunity to regain your confidence in Waldorf Astoria brand. I would ask you contact my office directly for any assistance you may require in the future and I will personally take care of your requirements to ensure a memorable stay.

Yours Sincerely,