“Excellent ”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Monti
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

The quality of the food here is BEYOND amazing. You can tell it’s a popular spot because We arrived 20 min before they started serving dinner at 7pm and put our name on the list, we returned 5 minutes before 7p and it was already packed. Sit outside, on the night we went there was an accordion player which made it sooo romantic, on a nice cool night in Rome. So heavenly . Our server Valerio was amazing. Must try the prosciutto bruschetta, salmon bruschetta, the house garden salad and the the spicy pepperoni pizza and of course the litter of house wine ... OH MY GOSH!!!! Enjoy!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 394)

7 - 11 of 1 394 reviews

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here a number of times over a number of years and I’ve never felt disappointed.

Consistently good pizza and good deserts. Thin base and fresh ingredients.

Best of all service is good. Not pushy, always polite never a rude moment. Tourists and locals are treated with respect from what I can see. I note that the staff are long terms employees/ owners.

I really enjoy my time here and my meal and won’t hesitate to recommend.

Probably best to call and book ahead.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

An unpretentious pizzeria serving excellent pizza in a nice environment for a good price. Waiting staff were friendly without being pushy and pretended to enjoy our broken Italian even though they spoke perfect English. It was reassuring to see lots of Italians turning up on foot and scooter to buy take away pizza.

I had the ‘premium’ Pizza Margarita DOC with buffalo mozzarella which was well worth the few extra € my wife had melanzana ( aubergine) pizza which was also excellent.

I had an excellent panna cotta for desert which tasted homemade with a lovely fruiti di bosco topping.

We were serenaded by a piano accordionist playing some atmospheric jazz classics very well. He did pass a hat round but was grateful and not at all pushy.

The bill was very reasonable and we left feeling content rather than ripped off as we did at one of their near neighbours the previous evening

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

I visited Li Rioni for dinner with my boyfriend on a recommendation from my sister who came a couple of months ago - it did not disappoint! It is only a short walk away from the colosseum, but is quite tucked away so not the easiest to find. We sat outside despite it raining as they had a marquee up to shelter the tables, although this still leaked a bit and my boyfriend got a bit wet! The mozzerella balls and pizzas were delicious, and the house red was lovely despite being served cold! Only downfall was the service was slow, we found other tables around us that arrived and ordered after us had their food brought out before us! Luckily we were not in a rush as we had a litre of wine to get through! Would recommend to friends - definitely worth a visit whilst in Rome.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

my wife and I love this restaurant,
we always visit when we are in Roma,
best to book in advance if you want a table outside, the que's for tables inside the restaurant and outside can be around 20 mins, but well worth the wait, great pizza and despite the cue of people you don't feel rushed in the slightest

Been to Li Rioni? Share your experiences!