“I have been eating at St.Ana for almost thirty years. This for me is the best restaurant in Italy.”
Review of Osteria St. Ana

Osteria St. Ana
Ranked #443 of 13 557 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$35 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Campo Marzio
Description: Dinner only. Ancient roman restaurant, roman cuisine, fresh fish, suitable for romantic dinners. Outdoor tables, wifi. Pianobar.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The food is incredible. The staff most attentive and ready with recommendations. Absolutely fantastic. Quiet. Romantic. Outstanding from the chef and kitchen staff to the waiters. Luigi and his brother Roberto make sure you have an authentic Italian experience. Where else can you eat in what was once a grain warehouse over 500 years ago. Please save room for desserts, especially the chestnut ice cream with cognac. I am a retired airline employee and come here every two months for a few days to eat well and visit my friends. Very lucky in that aspect.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We wanted a nice meal out whilst in Rome and our hotel recommended this one. We weren’t disappointed. Lovely restaurant, food and staff. Slipped up a bit with the scallop starter - price is per scallop and my husband ordered 6. We wouldn’t normally pay €24 for a starter but it was our mistake. The food was lovely and we would certainly recommend and return.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Seven of us called on the first night of our short trip to Rome - all agreed that this was the best meal of the holiday with the food, ambience and service all first class. The lasagna in truffle sauce was fantastic and overall the choice of courses meant that there was something for everyone. If you're staying near Piazza del Popolo make sure that you visit - a reservation beforehand would be sensible (it was full when we attended on Monday night)

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The food has been fantastic. Very friendly and attentive staff. We went there twice during our 5 night stay. Very friendly to our 5 & 7 year olds. I avoid Gluten and am Vegan. They were very accommodating. Their Gluten Free pasta were perfect. I almost felt like the real ones. My husband had Steak and he felt it was one of the best meals.
A must go if in the area.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We had a great meal at this restaurant. It was located near our hotel. Food was great and service very efficient. The ambiance was ok but not great as we were seated in a back room of the restaurant.