“Huge portions and fantastic food”

Trattoria il Tettarello
Ranked #1 283 of 13 954 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Monti
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

This place is busy I can’t deny that but for a reason, prices are extremely cheap for what you get.

Had the best risotto I’ve eaten in Rome here and the pizza quality is fantastic, I doubt many could manage a starter first and second plate!

Service is friendly if admittedly somewhat rushed feeling due to the popularity but the food really stood out for me

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1 495)

7 - 11 of 1 495 reviews

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

We got recommandation for a pizza at Il Tettarello at hotel, so we tried it. If you go there only for pizza and nothing other ( two courses, visiting toalets) you will be highly satisfied. Pizza is really great with fantastic tasty dough. You cant have a bad choice. But...
The street - was really dark, no lights and we were followed by a drunk and noisy street evangelist.
Toalets - I would compere it to one at football stadium in 90s. Only for a courage one. And the watter that is controlled by peddals like in running trains was another “experience”
Cutlery - when we have finished our first course took the staff lady our forks and knifes from our finished plate and put them back on table and told us “you keep them for following”. I looked on her with surprice but she followed her things and left us. Sorry, but this is something really elemantary that really harms great taste of really good pizza.

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

Good place for dinner with reasonable prices. Opens at 18:00 and seems to get busy very quickly. We had Pizza first night and since it was delicious we went back trying out their Pasta as well. It was also very good, thus deserves our recommendation. The atmosphere and service was ok for such a busy place

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is great. The toilets are very clean and well looked after and they’re also a bit pretty. The pizzas are great they’re delicious and the crusts are nice and thin. The service is good and the people serving are polite and friendly.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

I much prefer being able to write 5-star reviews, but feel that this site would not be living up to its potential if its users wrote only those and round-filed my lesser experiences.

My wife and I dined here once, early evening. When we arrived I(about 1915, I think, the place was half empty. When we left about an hour later it was full and there was a line of about a dozen people at the door. Most of the people that we saw were non-Italians (reasonable given the time of night), and our service was at least bi-lingual (English and Italian).

We had 2 primi and one secondi. Of the 3, I would rate one very good, one average and one sub-standard. Prices were in-line with other restaurants in which we ate in Italy (where we tend toward the $ to $$ range). I would not classify it as cheap eats; tending slightly more toward mid-range.

Service at our table was initially good, but there was a significant (15-20 minutes? -- I wasn't initially checking my watch) gap between completion of the first and delivery of the second dishes. We also observed a man at a nearby table complain to the manager after his food had not arrived for at least 20 minutes after his beer was delivered, and walk out after about 5 more minutes when it still failed to appear. Why the delays at this time of night in a place half-empty when we arrived I do not know.

On the plus side, in spite of the line outside the door, nobody was pressuring us to give up our table after we finished our meal.

Date of visit: October 2018