“Good food but horrible service”
Review of Estrobar

Estrobar
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Estrobar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #576 of 13 962 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$34 - US$51
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ostiense
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

We had the 4 course dinner and it was all very good. The service was horrible though. Will not return.

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1 267)

2 - 6 of 1 267 reviews

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed the degustation and would recommend it. This place has lovely interiors and has a great ambiance for couples, friends, or families.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 31 December 2017

Following the advice of many on here, my wife and I went to Estrobar to try the four course tasting menu. The food was absolutely delicious, especially the appetizer and pasta dishes. At one point my wife asked me if I was sure that I had ordered the tasting menu because the portions were so large.

I had the fried roll (cannolo) with shrimp and chicory over a tomato soup of seafood -the presentation was nearly as beautiful as the food was delicious. My spaghetti alle vongole (clams) was perfectly measured as well. I was also impressed because they offered up two desserts that were lactose-free which is nearly impossible to find in Rome.

The decor is very trendy with sensual artwork, dark lighting and lots of glass. The service was generally good although they did forget to put in our pasta dishes and we had to wait a while for them. The wine was excellent.

For any travelers on a budget, you simply cannot find a better value than the 27 dollar tasting menu. It is worth the splurge.

Date of visit: December 2017
2  Thank David T
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

No reservation but stil space for 2. Service was fast, maybe to quick for antipasti and primi. Promising menu but first 2 courses not very impressing. Hasty serving brought wrong dishes but quick change proved possible. Eggs 63 degree with truffle not impressive. Primi was ok but luckily we could delay secondi otherwise 4 courses were served within 40 minutes. Secondi and dolci were more up to expectation! Price for 4 course degustation menu (27 euro) is very good.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Well, the degustation menu is worth giving a try. Good service, tasty and creative plates, and a modern-spacious-lovely atmosphere. I would be back.

Date of visit: August 2017

Been to Estrobar? Share your experiences!