“Delicious!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Esquilino
Reviewed 31 October 2018

My son & I tried this restaurant on our last night in Rome. That was a big mistake, leaving it until last! The restaurant itself is really lovely - nice bright wall art & classy table settings. The food was so good, probably the best we had in the whole time we were in Italy. I had Tagliolini with creamy cheese & black pepper sauce - yum! My son had Spaghetti alla Carbonara & he enjoyed it immensely - it didn't last long! The house wine was a lovely red & was savoured with joy. The staff were beautiful - especially the lovely lady that served us, she was so polite & smiling at all times. When I come back to Rome (hopefully in the near future) I will definitely be going back to Le Caveau! Thank you so much.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 21 October 2018

So good that I ate here twice. The first night I had to wait for a table outside and then I found out why. A wedding celebration had reserved half the space. What a delightful setting and bit of free entertainment for the solo diner. The staff were extremely polite and helpful and I thought I was back in Venice when I tasted the pasta vongole. The Saltimbocca alla Romana was a complete surprise and delicious.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

Stayed 3 nights in Rome, found this delightful, authentic Italian restaurant in a relatively quite area with a pleasant, outside, shaded eating area. The staff were very friendly and attentive. My wife and I had two types seafood pastas and both were so delicious, we returned again the following evening to enjoy them again. Also the prices were very reasonable, we highly recommend this lovely restaurant.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

This restaurant was a highlight on our visit to Rome in 2016 and we were keen to return which we did twice on this trip. On both occasions the food and wine were excellent, but unfortunately "Enrico the Magnificent" was only there to welcome us on the first night. Still highly recommended.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Dined here with the family. Started with some of the freshest Bruschetta we had stacked with fresh tomatoes. Followed by 4 marvelous Pastas cooked with great authenticity and washed down with magnificent creme brûlée, chocolate soufflé and tiramisu. Lovely, pleasant and attentive staff. Bellissimo we will be back!!

Date of visit: October 2018

Been to Le Caveau? Share your experiences!