“Wonderful Seafood pasta and Saltimbocca”
Review of Le Caveau

Le Caveau
Ranked #784 of 13 983 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Esquilino
Reviewed 21 October 2018

So good that I ate here twice. The first night I had to wait for a table outside and then I found out why. A wedding celebration had reserved half the space. What a delightful setting and bit of free entertainment for the solo diner. The staff were extremely polite and helpful and I thought I was back in Venice when I tasted the pasta vongole. The Saltimbocca alla Romana was a complete surprise and delicious.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

Stayed 3 nights in Rome, found this delightful, authentic Italian restaurant in a relatively quite area with a pleasant, outside, shaded eating area. The staff were very friendly and attentive. My wife and I had two types seafood pastas and both were so delicious, we returned again the following evening to enjoy them again. Also the prices were very reasonable, we highly recommend this lovely restaurant.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

This restaurant was a highlight on our visit to Rome in 2016 and we were keen to return which we did twice on this trip. On both occasions the food and wine were excellent, but unfortunately "Enrico the Magnificent" was only there to welcome us on the first night. Still highly recommended.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Dined here with the family. Started with some of the freshest Bruschetta we had stacked with fresh tomatoes. Followed by 4 marvelous Pastas cooked with great authenticity and washed down with magnificent creme brûlée, chocolate soufflé and tiramisu. Lovely, pleasant and attentive staff. Bellissimo we will be back!!

Reviewed 2 October 2018

I was actually looking for another restaurant but they were not open until later. So I googled and found Le Caveau (which is close by).

They definitely cater for tourists - menu has English, and Chinese...

Food was actually good. I tried the bruschetta with artichoke pesto, polpette (little octopus) in tomato sauce, and the tagliatelle with seafood. Also tried their pana cotta with berries.

All the dishes were wonderful. Literally stuffed myself with a great dinner - good thing is I have a 20-minute walk back!

Date of visit: September 2018

Been to Le Caveau? Share your experiences!