“Fabulous food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Esquilino
Reviewed 25 September 2018

We arrived at this popular restaurant without a booking - it had been recommended to us by our Airbnb host. The waitress was lovely - she greeted us and then managed to accommodate us for a quick meal. The food was delicious - I had the lamb cacciatore with rosemary and olives with a side of broccoli. The lamb melted in your mouth. My friends had the grilled lamb chops and pistachio pasta. Service was efficient and pleasant.

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1 269)

4 - 8 of 1 269 reviews

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Clearly a very well run restaurant, located in a beautiful square. The pasta evidently was fresh, with loads of flavour. I would recommend this restaurant. Whenever in Rome, i always avoid the tourist traps, as want to ensure true Italian food!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 13 August 2018

This restaurant is worth traveling across the city!

We stumbled upon this restaurant because Bon Apetit had recommended it as one of the "must visit" restaurants while you're in Rome. I am so glad that we ate here. I had never cried over a meal until I ate my cacio e pepe. The waiters come to your table with a hollowed out wheel of parmesan, dump the hot pasta in it and stir it in the wheel, having the parmesan melt all over the pasta. It was incredible, even though it is such a simple dish - I wish I could have had another serving. We definitely considered going back the next night...

The staff is very attentive and incredibly nice. They were helpful with wine selections and didn't feel overpowering throughout the dinner.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 6 July 2018

Having read the reviews regarding their Carbonara, the dish certainly lived up to expectation. It was a perfect balance of cream, egg and bacon which complemented the spaghetti perfectly. We also had a lamb dish but this was average - stick to the pasta dishes.

The only slight downside was the service, the waiters were slightly arrogant and seemed to house tourists in the basement.

Overall though this is a must visit, make sure you go for lunch as it is less busy at this time.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Homemade cuisine, super taste of Roma! Wine was superb food as well,.
Reservations needed!! Pasta suuuper good