“Trendy and great pizza”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trevi
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

No booking so you need to queue up but it was recommended and it lived up to its reputation. Very informal but great pizza and very good pasta at a reasonable price. Give it a try.

Write a ReviewReviews (2 619)

17 - 21 of 2 619 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Starting with the good points:

+ No need to book, but you will most likely queue as the place is very popular.

+ management and staff really friendly with great service to best to accomodate customers.

+ atmosphere, for me it is romantic, but please consider that all tables are near one to another, you would more feel in Italy, in Rome, and it can get loud too.

- The food, which for me it was a surprise. Happy to pay extra for special food, but my real Napoletana pizza was not very good and felt unwell to digested for the all night. My girlfriend took pasta and also the sauce wasn’t tasting any special.

Moral of the story, if you want to eat napoletane food go to Naples.

This place for me could still be a gem and I would retry it again in future hopping they will try harder on the food.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Being unfamiliar with Rome, and not wanting to wander too far from our hotel near the Trevi Fountain we decided on this restaurant. We also based our decision on previous reviews. This was our 20th Anniversary dinner celebration. Neither of us are big-eaters and are not overly impressed with "fine dining" anyway. There was a short wait of maybe 10 minutes or less. We were seated at a little table for two which at first we thought was going to be a somewhat intimate arrangement. As it turned out the table was against a wall in very close proximity to the dishwashing area of the kitchen. Very frequently, waitstaff was carrying dishes past us and depositing them through the passthrough, about three feet away. Had it not been for the seating, I would have given a 5 star review. Just don't let them seat you here, and I'm sure your dining experience will be more enjoyable. Anyway - my dear husband, who is not at all adventurous when it comes to food choices, and as I found out is a 'poor sport' about travel in general, ordered spaghetti. He said it was OK. I ordered the caprese salad which was just perfect as well as an equally delicious baked artichoke. For dessert we split a dish of whipped mascarpone over a chocolate crumble base, topped with fresh berries. Very nice! I can suggest this restaurant as a good choice with nicely prepared food. Just don't sit at that back table.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Went to piccolo buco for dinner, and waited a few minutes outside for them
To open their doors, but it was worth the wait. Beautiful food and beautiful wine. If you’re planning ongoing, make sure to show up early as it does get busy but its worth the wait.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Amazing selection of pizza and very popular so if you can get in, be prepared to share a table and wait for a while. It’s worth it.

Been to Piccolo Buco? Share your experiences!