“Very Poor Standards”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, View, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trevi
Description: ROME FROM TOP TO TOE !Let the majestic dome of St. Peter’s be your discreet and discerning companion as you delight in unrivalled flavours and colours and some truly unique vistas. The starry sky blends into the sparkling lights of the Roman night to create a magical setting for an enchanting dinner. The sober elegance of the L’Olimpo Roof Restaurant, and the terrace with its amazing views, await you as does a truly incomparable companion: the city of Rome. For workaholics a successful business lunch. For bon viveurs an enviable position from which to delight in Rome’s spectacular sunsets while enjoying a cocktail. And for the eternally romantic a candle-lit dinner that brings a sparkle to the eyes. A bill of fare that pays homage to the Mediterranean’s glorious cuisine, with more than a nod to the Chef’s delectable creations featuring only the freshest of produce, for dishes that never fail to captivate the palate and the eye. The restaurant is open every day for lunch and dinner. Discover the delights our Chef has prepared for you.Exciting events and cultural happenings are the heartbeat of the Eternal City. And the Hotel Bernini Bristol, a perfect location in which to host celebrities like Dan Brown and eclectic film-maker and jazz musician Woody Allen, is a stage on which the curtain never falls.
Reviewed 5 January 2015

Very disappointed with this restaurant. Was the main reason why we stayed at the hotel.

- I attempted to order a Lager as I don't like Wine or Prosecco & I got laughed at. Never received a Lager or any other drink bar water.
- The Waiters were slow & showed more attention to someone at the bar then us & other diners
- The cutlery was bashed and looks shabby.
- No music was playing until about 5 Min before we left

For the price you pay, I was expecting alot better. Would return to the hotel but not to the restaurant.

Reviewed 1 January 2015 via mobile

Friendly staff who took photos with us, helped us identify the sights in the distance, didn't pressure us with more wine and food. Nice fun time.
Went for the view but ended up having a pleasant evening full of laughter and joy.
White cushions but they still let my small son lie on the chair to sleep as it was past 9pm.
Easy to get to.
More accessible and better priced than La Mirabel (another restaurant with a view), which is a long walk up a hill and a bit secluded.

Reviewed 5 October 2014

A visit to the roof top bar on a clear afternoon is a great way to relax. The view is worth even a pop in visit with your camera.

Reviewed 3 October 2014

I'm not one to pan a restaurant, but I don't feel this restaurant is a good value.
The rooftop locale counts for something. It is a quiet respite from the clamor that is Rome.
The quality of the food was good, but I recall the eggplant accompanying my entrée was nearly the same as what was in our appetizer.
Service was lackluster.
When I asked for a wine list, the waiter brought a bottle of Merlot, opened it and poured a generous taste. Maybe it was the difference of old world vs new world vines, but it lacked the qualities I expect in a Merlot; so after sampling, I placed the glass next to the bottle on the adjacent table and asked again for a wine list, from which I ordered a Vernacchia. Waiter returned with a Trebbiano, which he didn't even show me before opening and pouring. At this point I gave up as it was the same price as the Vernacchia and the wine was decent.
I sense language was a factor. As the evening went on, I noticed a party of four Italians were fawned over by two servers as well as the manager, while a Japanese couple, a Brit couple and us were less fussed over. The one couple must have left a small tip, as after pocketing it, the one server made a point of showing it (with a snarky look) to the other almost in front of us.
After dropping 130 euros ($166) for dinner for two, I came away unimpressed. Fortunately, as a hotel guest I saved 15%, otherwise the check would have approached $200.

Reviewed 15 September 2014

I would definitely not recommend this place. The food was expensive but good. The price is driven by the views which are excellent. If the dservice had been up to scratch then it could have still been value for money, but I can only describe it as comically bad. When we arrived we had to run to keep up with some who we hoped was showing us to our tabes but we weren't sure. We were given a free welcome drink of sparkling white wine. When I asked if it was prosecco the waiter smiled and said "maybe, it could be"! We struggled to get attention as the staff only wanted to wait their own zone and ignored attempts to get attention by keeping their head own. Our wine bottle was taken away before it was finished and the replacement was given by a waiter who was defensive. It took a long time to get the bill, and the waiter disappeared for nearly 10 minutes with my card. We did not leave a tip and will not be back.